Betting Talk

opinions on Century link cable modem

Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
edited September 2014 in Sports Betting
Thinking of switching from Cox to Century link modem if anyone uses Century I would appreciate any feed back.
TIA

Comments

• JafarJafar Banned
    edited September 2014
    I switched my place in PHX from Cox to Century Link and was much happier. But I have Comcast in Chicago and think it's just the same. I dunno what your box is like with Cox but the guide wasn't in HD (the lines and typing were fuzzy and always bothered me), the memory for recording sucked, and it was like they hadn't made a new receiver in a decade. Century Link was brand new, you could do way more things while watching TV, and just had a much better UI. I get the same thing out of my box with Comcast. I dunno if they just game me an old one in Phx or if that was standard, but if it is you should definitely switch. Century Link paid the Cox cancellation fees.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    I just want to get rid of my cable Modem with Cox and go to Century which I think I will. I have Directv and and very happy with them. I've been with Cox cable it has to be 20 years and I didn't like getting treated like a first day customer by several clerks and a supervisor from a third world country.
    If your looking to have representatives for your company work in far away places teach them how to speak to customers and more so to long time customers because it seems they all read from the same piece of paper.

Thanks Jafar for taking the time.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    I have Century LInk internet. Somehow my plan is way too expensive, but I've hardly had any problems in 2+years. Had to restart the modem maybe 3-4 times, versus 3 times a week with Comcast before.