Betting Talk

Dr. H or Procap

speedboyspeedboy Member
edited September 2014 in Sports Betting
Who's the better for tailing for CBB totals?

Comments

• jmjm Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    why not both?
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    I agree on using both. The unfortunate part is that neither will be posting for free any more. Fortunately for you people have been posting their plays across the street so you can use both and just make the plays where their against each other as no plays. And only play the games you can get at the number they post. That being said, the only way you will guarantee yourself that you get the lines they post is to subscribe to both guys if you can afford to. Both are great guys that have done a lot of work for this board and I know some will disagree but they both have imo so I suggest paying what the amount they charge and following them all season.
  • lilylily Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Hush , last thing we need is more competition for release # s...On a more serious note lets hope there is a totals market in CBB.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    lily wrote: »
    Hush , last thing we need is more competition for release # s...On a more serious note lets hope there is a totals market in CBB.

Exactly, the totals market is so small that is hard to justify paying for a service that is all totals in that market. That being said, they are both great and if you have the outs to utilize the service correctly then you absolutely should do it. I won't know, as I'm sure many others won't know, till the season starts what kind of outs they will have. I'm definitely gonna have the option of betting them for enough money, the question is will they be available at the release times. That's my situation at least. But they are both good, and possibly a better option if you have the outs , then subscribing to ras and having to deal with all the headaches on a daily basis. That's another reason why ras needs to go private, cause when other good cappers enter the market, early on you won't have to deal with line movement to the extent of the ras following. Just my opinion. Good luck to both
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    cpech56 wrote: »
    And only play the games you can get at the number they post. .

This will ensure that you are playing the worst of anyone's picks.
    edited September 2014
    durito wrote: »
    This will ensure that you are playing the worst of anyone's picks.

For someone not willing to purchase their packages it's going to have a lot higher success rate than following some of the other touts out there or picking their own plays. The chances of them getting the number posted is highly unlikely anyway. Doc's Cleveland pick last night wasnt posted elsewere untill close to 5:45 central and might not have been a play for him at the number it finished at.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    cpech56 wrote: »
    For someone not willing to purchase their packages it's going to have a lot higher success rate than following some of the other touts out there or picking their own plays. The chances of them getting the number posted is highly unlikely anyway. Doc's Cleveland pick last night wasnt posted elsewere untill close to 5:45 central and might not have been a play for him at the number it finished at.

If one of the plays moves in my direction, you're right that it may not be a play anymore by the time it moves, and you've lost a lot of value even if it still is. If one of the plays moves the other way and you get a better number, it's most likely a shitty play and you don't want it anyways.

For example, taking Cleveland -121 when I released -114 like last night isn't a great way to win long term, and if it had closed -105 when I released -114, you don't want that either because it's probably a bad play.

All that said, I'm 99% confident that I know who is posting those and I have addressed it. I'll be surprised if the plays get posted again.
    edited September 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »
    If one of the plays moves in my direction, you're right that it may not be a play anymore by the time it moves, and you've lost a lot of value even if it still is. If one of the plays moves the other way and you get a better number, it's most likely a shitty play and you don't want it anyways.

For example, taking Cleveland -121 when I released -114 like last night isn't a great way to win long term, and if it had closed -105 when I released -114, you don't want that either because it's probably a bad play.

All that said, I'm 99% confident that I know who is posting those and I have addressed it. I'll be surprised if the plays get posted again.

Their being posted numeros places, fyi. So make sure you check to see if its all the same person. I completely understand what your saying about the line movement. My suggesion was that playing your plays or procaps that get posted elsewhere still give guys like him a better chance at winning than picking his own stuff or following joe blow from idaho who's on both sides of a play and could give 2 shits whether you win or not.