Betting Talk

Comments

• duritodurito Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the link and worth a read, but my general impression is it's like when the NyTimes interviews RJBell and Vegas Runner for a perspective on professional gamblers in the US (ok maybe a bit better -- but certainly full of nonsense).
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    what is the USA waiting for???
  • EscootEscoot Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    durito wrote: »
    Thanks for the link and worth a read, but my general impression is it's like when the NyTimes interviews RJBell and Vegas Runner for a perspective on professional gamblers in the US (ok maybe a bit better -- but certainly full of nonsense).

Which guy? They discuss more than one person in the article. If you are talking about the most well-known person Tony Bloom, he only owns a soccer team which he presumably bought with the money he made betting on football (soccer). I'd put owning a professional sports franchise over owning a "professional scam website."
  • jakenhljakenhl Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Escoot wrote: »
    Which guy? They discuss more than one person in the article. If you are talking about the most well-known person Tony Bloom, he only owns a soccer team which he presumably bought with the money he made betting on football (soccer). I'd put owning a professional sports franchise over owning a "professional scam website."
    Yeah Bloom was the guy I was referring to.
    edited September 2014
    Why on earth would someone with 1 billion net worth that can get that kind of return on gambling be looking for investors? Soccer markets are big, but they aren't that size big.
    edited September 2014
    what is the USA waiting for???

Legalization? What's that look like? As of the end of this month living in the UK isn't much better than the USA. Pinny, SBO, 188bet, etc all gone from UK due to new regulations/taxes. IMO legalized Usa looks like that with a bunch of WIll Hill type books taking parlays from idiots and tossing anyone with a pulse.
  • gui_m_pgui_m_p Member
    edited September 2014
    durito wrote: »

From the report I only know Will Wilde (who I follow on twitter). Search for the Fidens prospectus. It seems very solid and different from RJ Bell and co.