Betting Talk

How Does This Happen?

BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
edited September 2014 in Sports Betting
Blame it on the coaches or the captains?

"The Bruins (3-0) got the ball to start both halves after Texas botched the opening coin toss.

UCLA won the coin toss and elected to defer its choice until the second half, then Texas said it wanted to go on defense. The referee turned off his microphone and briefly said something to the Longhorns players after their decision.

"I had trouble believing it at first," Mora said. "I told the official, I asked him four or five times, I said, `Are you sure?' It helped us win the game tonight. We were able to steal a possession without taking the ball away. I'm not sure what went on out there, but we were the beneficiary and we'll take it." :confused:

Comments

• StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited September 2014
    Blame it on the coaches or the captains?

"The Bruins (3-0) got the ball to start both halves after Texas botched the opening coin toss.

UCLA won the coin toss and elected to defer its choice until the second half, then Texas said it wanted to go on defense. The referee turned off his microphone and briefly said something to the Longhorns players after their decision.

"I had trouble believing it at first," Mora said. "I told the official, I asked him four or five times, I said, `Are you sure?' It helped us win the game tonight. We were able to steal a possession without taking the ball away. I'm not sure what went on out there, but we were the beneficiary and we'll take it." :confused:

Captains. At what point playing football do you realize it is called deferring to the 2nd half. You dont say you want to go on defense. I can't believe how many stupid decisions I saw this weekend. I would say it would be nice if these "coaches" would teach these "great athletes" how to play their fucking sport but then you see the coaching moves. They need to learn the game before they can teach it.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    StevieY wrote: »
    Captains. At what point playing football do you realize it is called deferring to the 2nd half. You dont say you want to go on defense. I can't believe how many stupid decisions I saw this weekend. I would say it would be nice if these "coaches" would teach these "great athletes" how to play their fucking sport but then you see the coaching moves. They need to learn the game before they can teach it.

The problem I have with coaches is that they all learned the game from the 1955 Coaches Handbook. With an entire chapter on things like-- Always Be Conservative In The Red Zone (You Don't Want To Blow The Field Goal)

Teach Your QB To Use Up All Your Timeouts Because He's Confused. But If You're A Stickler For Saving Timeouts, Then Teach Him To Get At Least 3 Delay Penalties Per Game.

Make Sure Your Players Are Mean And Aggressive (Especially After The Play Is Over)