Betting Talk

frustration

bumpobumpo Senior Member
edited September 2014 in Sports Betting
Had over 58' in the Houston/Byu game. I use 6 different outs but when Edward releases, it's not like you can take the time to shop. Same happened in the Ark st game last Saturday where I had over 53'. Each game featured 2 missed PATs btw.
Both games I get the number I submit at. Edward gets 2 pushes, I get 2 Ls. Very frustrating.

Comments

• golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Having a private service could help with these types of things but I'm not certain. Either way, I feel your pain brother. Gonna be a really hard year for RAS to be profitable against closing lines. The middling is happening alot this year.
  • bumpobumpo Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm not saying the posted record is disingenuous, but where there are multiple WA lines the record might be more representative if released and graded at the crappier number.
    edited September 2014
    bumpo wrote: »
    I'm not saying the posted record is disingenuous, but where there are multiple WA lines the record might be more representative if released and graded at the crappier number.

Totally agree
    edited September 2014
    Not to mention we are getting the number the book had. In my mind I nailed that game, but yet it was still 58.5. Let alone the majority who won't get the number.
  • lakers22lakers22 Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    i believe he only has middled 2 gms out of 41 plays..which is about the percentage they middle in cfb..middle percentage much higher in cbb..
    edited September 2014
    Lakers- that's correct. But what were saying is the release of 58 in byu under could have easily gone either way between 58-58.5. What were saying is we feel like if it's close to a 50/50 split on what number to release he should go with the worse number. Most people will get worse than that anyway. Although I hate to bitch about that cause I know he's not trying to do that, just really fuckin sucks when it is 50-50 and then it happens to matter. Did anyone get 58 last night?
  • lakers22lakers22 Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    ah..i hear ya..i actually had 58..lucky and unlucky all in one play..

on one of his gms i actually have .5 better than his release...thats a rarity..
    edited September 2014
    I have 2-3 plays this weekend a half point better, which is another reason I know he wasn't trying to always go with the better number. Was more curious if it was just a simple mistake on his end if 58 was w/a or not. Anyway, there is no chance of my half point better numbers mattering this weekend I assure you. Just the kind of luck we have right now. Nice push lakers
  • hornsfanhornsfan Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    I have 2-3 plays this weekend a half point better, which is another reason I know he wasn't trying to always go with the better number. Was more curious if it was just a simple mistake on his end if 58 was w/a or not. Anyway, there is no chance of my half point better numbers mattering this weekend I assure you. Just the kind of luck we have right now. Nice push lakers

58 was there
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    I got 58
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited September 2014
    From what I see, Bookmaker was at 58.5 but Pinny, BOL, heritage, and 5Dimes were at 58. Just scrolling through all of the books on the SBR free feed, seems like about 75% of them were at 58 and 25% at 58.5. I'm sure that's a tough call for Edward. If they were playing the under, they obviously would have posted it at 58. But when you're simply getting the play and jumping on the first book you can without the opportunity to line shop, it's certainly possible that you got hooked last night.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, with CRIS at 58.5 it wasn't as clear cut as most, but every other book we look at (Pinn, BO, Jazz, Grande, 5d) was at 58. We typically are very conservative and on the majority of plays use lines that are a 1/2 point worse than what is available at 25-65% of books.

As TommyL alluded to, if we played under in that game we definitely would have still used 58.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Bumpo - I feel your pain. The slimmest margins can have big swings so I know how feel. Sorry man, it will eventually even out for you
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    You guys have got to quit crying. This shit gets old.
  • ericvandenericvanden Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    I had 58.5 as well. If its that taxing on some people, walk away. It cant be worth the 3 hour stressing on your health. I bet what I can afford to lose. Yeah he was on the best side, closed at 62ish. Should have bet the under 62 if you didnt think it was the right play, RAS gave you a 3.5-4 extra points for those that liked the under 58.5.