Betting Talk

Scott Kellen Sixth Sense

buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
edited February 2015 in Sports Betting
Just saw on the website that he will be posting NFL plays this season free of charge on twitter. It will be interesting to see if not running a service will positively impact his results. First play is TB -2.5 for 1u.

Comments

• Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    buckeyes wrote: »
    First play is TB -2.5 for 1u.

Could've been had for +2.
    I understand that things come to light during preseason and injuries (Cam Newton) happen afterwards, but still. It's 4.5 points. I hope he does better than that during the season.
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Obi One wrote: »
    Could've been had for +2.
    I understand that things come to light during preseason and injuries (Cam Newton) happen afterwards, but still. It's 4.5 points. I hope he does better than that during the season.

Yep I wonder when he will release most of his bets as well. Early in the week or wait until Friday or Saturday. If he releases early and still can't get much CLV that will be pretty telling.
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    whats his twitter handle?
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited September 2014
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Just tweeted Baltimore -2 for his 2nd play. Whats this guys track record?
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    cpech56 wrote: »

I personally know Scott; very nice and sincere individual

The gentleman is giving his plays for free; his record is posted for years

Just like anybody's plays paid for, or given freely; you decide what to follow and what to play

There are absolutely NO GUARANTEED WINNERS!!!

BEST
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited September 2014

There are absolutely NO GUARANTEED WINNERS!!!

Now you tell me!!
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    cpech56 wrote: »

The past two seasons he's 82-105, prior to that it looks like he was pretty solid
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Crushing it
  • lilylily Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    I imagine big day for the public..Favs@overs 6-0 on late games..
    edited November 2014
    lily wrote: »

Agree
    edited November 2014
    lily wrote: »

Make that 8-0
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    First I would like to say good luck this year in College Hoops to Ras, Dr and Procap and of course to the rest of the board

The title of this tread reminds me of the past two years not the year before that because Scott was outstanding in 2011 but 2012/2013 it was painful for all and for Scott in particular and most everyone here ripped this guy a new one and to tell the truth it was handled like the pro he is and IMO its the toughest sport to beat. Over the long term Scott has been a winner in the NFL and I don't know of many over a 12 year or so period that are. I know Scott a very long time so congrats to Scott for making the final 4 in I believe a 50k pick 7 lose a week and done contest and still puts his plays up on twitter earlier enough for everyone to see. So let me be the first by saying thanks for the twitter plays and best of luck in the contest.
  • lilylily Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Make that 8-0

10-0 looking likely..
    edited November 2014
    Another fuckin over
    edited November 2014
    Make it fav and over
  • groovinmahoovingroovinmahoovin Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Too busy to elaborate today, but Kellen appears to have completely jumped the shark this year, culminating in him releasing a SEA +6.5/un54.5 teaser at -105 last night, which is the equivalent of taking +6.5 -251 and un54.5 -251. Pinny's current no vig is +7.5 -285, and I kind of have a hard time believing the 7 is only worth 2.5% here. They're also dealing no-vig un53.5 -188, and I don't think the 54 is worth 6.2%.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Too busy to elaborate today, but Kellen appears to have completely jumped the shark this year, culminating in him releasing a SEA +6.5/un54.5 teaser at -105 last night, which is the equivalent of taking +6.5 -251 and un54.5 -251. Pinny's current no vig is +7.5 -285, and I kind of have a hard time believing the 7 is only worth 2.5% here. They're also dealing no-vig un53.5 -188, and I don't think the 54 is worth 6.2%.

He was never sharp.
  • srn828srn828 Member
    edited February 2015
    To be entirely fair, it can be argued that there is a certain amount of correlation to the play (Seattle and the under). If that is the reasoning, however, the correct play would be to parlay Seattle and the under at non-teased numbers. Certainly taking much worse numbers on a correlated teaser than on the correlated parlay.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    That tease is horrific.

Also, I'm not convinced that Seattle and the under are correlated.
  • srn828srn828 Member
    edited February 2015
    Dr. H wrote: »
    That tease is horrific.

Don't disagree with you at all. The tease is indeed horrific. Just to clarify, I was just hypothesizing Kellen's justification. I am advocating neither playing the parlay (I believe there is a very small correlation but certainly not enough to overcome the vig) nor, god forbid, playing the teaser.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Dr. H wrote: »
    That tease is horrific.

I don't get it and I know that girl Kelly teaser's NFL Total's and brags about it but his Rep really has taken a hit even worst then before and I think Twitter is as far as he goes in the future. Shame nice guy but that don't get the money.
  • groovinmahoovingroovinmahoovin Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    He won some Golden Nugget handicapping contest, had a good NFL season, it looks like his Super Bowl props are going to do very well, and he's been schmoozing with a lot of fraud touts on Twitter, so I wouldn't be surprised at all to find him at Pregame, Wagertalk (the site where a bunch of the clowns who left Pregame ended up this year) or a similar site next year.