Betting Talk

Fantasy Football Discussion

milfhuntermilfhunter Senior Member
edited August 2014 in Sports Betting
Anybody have opinions on A. Foster this yr? In an auction and was hoping to get him on the cheap.

Comments

• Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Starting to play Fantasy Sports this year for the first time, so take my advice for what it's worth, but I have a good track record of advising FF questions on here last year. I believe 7 out of 9 times I advised on the higher scoring player, when it was asked by the fellow forum members.

Upside of getting Foster:
    - OL still top 15, and should perform better with a more mobile Quarterback. Schaub was a disaster last year. If Ryan Fitzpatrick plays good-to-solid at his position, the threat of Andre Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins should keep defenses honest and prevent them from stacking the box.
    - Defense should be improved as they have Clowney and many injured starters return. This will give Houston the ball more often. They will also be playing with the lead more often. This is good for Foster.

Downside:
    - Injury risk after his back surgery
    - Ryan Fitzpatrick throws like the one-eyed-texan, which will have them them playing from behind, just like last year
    - No idea of Bill O'Brien tendencies. But with all those flags flying for Def.Holding and Illegal Contact, I'd say most coaches will throw the ball a lot.

I personally believe he'll get back to 10+ TD's on the year if he stays healthy. He's only 27 and his y/a was still a healthy 4.5 yards last year.
    Hope this helps a bit.
  • shoeboxshoebox Member
    edited August 2014
    he is rising the draft boards, on the cheap not gonna happen, top 14 player for sure
  • paid03paid03 Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    You should always look for fantasy RB's with low carries in the previous season. Arian is a great candidate to bounce back after only toting it only 121 times last season. There are a ton of capable RB's out there, you just need to find the ones that haven't been abused, have decent vision, and a decent O-line. At 27 Arian should be a valuable commodity this season. But, yeah, I doubt you will get him for cheap. I'll target him in the second round.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    paid03 wrote: »
    You should always look for fantasy RB's with low carries in the previous season. Arian is a great candidate to bounce back after only toting it only 121 times last season. There are a ton of capable RB's out there, you just need to find the ones that haven't been abused, have decent vision, and a decent O-line. At 27 Arian should be a valuable commodity this season. But, yeah, I doubt you will get him for cheap. I'll target him in the second round.

Care to share your examples?
  • milfhuntermilfhunter Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    with the 10th pick out of 10 with foster, l bell, d martin.. foster has to be the pick right??
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    milfhunter wrote: »
    with the 10th pick out of 10 with foster, l bell, d martin.. foster has to be the pick right??

Yup, it should
  • nuddernudder Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Yeah but D-Martin is along the same lines as Foster - just with less of a track record. Questionable QB play combined with above-average o-line. He was a monster two years ago before an injury forced him to only 127 carries last year. [The injury was more of a "freak" thing, too, IIRC.] Lovie just announced he'll be the "bell cow" which was a question entering training camp. Also caught 49 passes in 2012 (8th-most among RBs).

My hunch says he's pretty good this year. If I had to bet on higher points over the season -- Foster vs. Martin -- I think I'd go with Martin simply because I think it's more likely Foster gets hurt.

But if we're talking DFS in the early part of the season, I think I'd rather have Foster.