Betting Talk

A question for Newcomb

kanekane Senior Member
edited November 2014 in Sports Betting
Or anyone else who follows Nebraska football. I'm thinking of playing their season win total over, currently I can get over 8 (-05). Any info, opinions, or thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited August 2014
    kane wrote: »
    Or anyone else who follows Nebraska football. I'm thinking of playing their season win total over, currently I can get over 8 (-05). Any info, opinions, or thoughts would be appreciated.

FWIW, I think the line is pretty good. My number for them is 7.95 wins and that is probably slanted up. They drew a tough conference road schedule.
  • BishBish Member
    edited August 2014
    They lost 3 defensive starters for the year to injury.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    StevieY wrote: »
    FWIW, I think the line is pretty good. My number for them is 7.95 wins and that is probably slanted up. They drew a tough conference road schedule.

Sy, are you thinking they will lose all 3: sparty, wisky and hawks then I assume and then where else do you have them losing? Thanks. Overall the schedule is pretty damn soft so i'll be sickened if we don't win atleast 8 as this is one of peloinis better teams but injuries are mouting up. Losing Rose hurts.
    edited August 2014
    Both lines are healthy still which is huge. The ground game should be a beauty and we'll see how Tommy A does in the pocket this year. Other qbs lurking behind him if he fails.
    edited August 2014
    newcombe wrote: »
    Sy, are you thinking they will lose all 3: sparty, wisky and hawks then I assume and then where else do you have them losing? Thanks. Overall the schedule is pretty damn soft so i'll be sickened if we don't win atleast 8 as this is one of peloinis better teams but injuries are mouting up. Losing Rose hurts.

8-4 is their most common record with my numbers. I don't go down the schedule and say win, win, loss. I give probabilities for each game and add them up. They will more than likely be dogs at MSU, NW(do not sleep on them, they could have easily been 10-2 last year), Wiscy, and Iowa. Their home schedule is pretty light, a couple 95%+ games, but not all of them are jockstrap games.
    edited August 2014
    NW is definitely not to be slept on. They have been a major pain in the huskers ass since we moved over. GL this year.
    edited August 2014
    Sure hope Gregory was kept out today mainly for precaution. Hate to see knee injuries. Will be nice to know more soon as I haven't seen or heard much on it. Solid performance today by the huskers overall though.
    edited September 2014
    suppose its good that Gregory has time to rest the knee until possibly the Canes game. Would think he doesn't need to be rushed back for the trip to the west coast Fresno game...
    edited September 2014
    good to see the huskers are handling business at home :thumbup:. Atleast us fans know what to expect early in the season. Only reason 8 wins may still be feasible is the rest of the big 10 is awful too.
    edited September 2014
    allow me to retort as the huskers are in the process of allowing McNeese to drive the length of the field yet again so more than likely count this as an L. good call stevie!
    edited September 2014
    allow me to retort as the huskers are in the process of allowing McNeese to drive the length of the field yet again so more than likely count this as an L. good call stevie!

ok golfer :)
    edited September 2014
    ok golfer :)

lol. well said. thanks god for ameer but ultimately still a good call stevie.
    edited September 2014
    lol. well said. thanks god for ameer but ultimately still a good call stevie.

I think you are ok. Apparently the rest of the West minus Wiscy is brutal.
    edited September 2014
    I think you are ok. Apparently the rest of the West minus Wiscy is brutal.

so many issues with playcalling/coaching, penalties, another couple of injuries today as well. O line looked weak but that wasn't enough reason to just abandon the run completely only to go for home run play and after down the field. That early pick to the house Mcneese had changed everything and again the huskers were lucky to survive. Quality, fast div 1 AA team for sure with the coach able to grab so many transfers but at home that was quite embarrassing.
    edited September 2014
    line back to -12. jumping on it. night game on the road obviously but the matchups are there for the taking. I haven't bet the huskers yet but going to play something here. gl all.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited September 2014
    Hey Golfer,

2 of my books have a fairly large wager on RAS football outcome this year. The line was +2.5 units.

Hang in there buddy, and I hope the marriage last forever. (divorce is very expensive) LOL
    edited September 2014
    bk, any thoughts on fresno game?
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited September 2014
    sorry Newc I put that post in the wrong thread.

i like fresno state - U ?
    edited September 2014
    Good to have Gregory back
  • jakenhljakenhl Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Nice call newcombe. It was nice to see Nebraska handle Fresno with some authority.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Next week's game might be interesting, Al Golden finally took the handcuffs off Kaaya and the kid was very good yesterday. Still a rough spot going into Lincoln with a true frosh at QB, we'll see.
    edited September 2014
    interested to see the line.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    CRIS opened 8, was quickly bet down to 7, personally I think the line should be closer to 10. Interested to see line movement throughout the week.
    edited September 2014
    CRIS opened 8, was quickly bet down to 7, personally I think the line should be closer to 10. Interested to see line movement throughout the week.

line has hovered between the 7 to 8 and not really moving too much. wonder if we'll see any action throughout the day to maneuver it around. Lincoln and the fans have been waiting for a regular season match vs the canes for some time now. gonna be a nice night for foots.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    line has hovered between the 7 to 8 and not really moving too much. wonder if we'll see any action throughout the day to maneuver it around. Lincoln and the fans have been waiting for a regular season match vs the canes for some time now. gonna be a nice night for foots.

It all comes down to UM's O-line imo. If they can open holes for the Duke, and give the kid time to throw, this game might be interesting. If Neb's D-line is dominant, the U is in some trouble. Also, keep your eye on Denzel Perryman, he's UM's best defender and fun to watch play. A win tonight in Lincoln would be big for the program, the fans down here are growing restless with Al Golden, and are looking for a signature type win. Personally, I'm willing to give Golden a couple more years. When he took the job he had no idea there were sanctions looming, then he could have left, but instead he was loyal and stayed, so I'm willing to give him some time. The problem with UM fans is, they expect to be the program to be what is was in the 80's and 90's, and that just isn't going to happen. UM dominated the college football landscape for a long time, but those days are over.
    edited September 2014
    It all comes down to UM's O-line imo. If they can open holes for the Duke, and give the kid time to throw, this game might be interesting. If Neb's D-line is dominant, the U is in some trouble. Also, keep your eye on Denzel Perryman, he's UM's best defender and fun to watch play. A win tonight in Lincoln would be big for the program, the fans down here are growing restless with Al Golden, and are looking for a signature type win. Personally, I'm willing to give Golden a couple more years. When he took the job he had no idea there were sanctions looming, then he could have left, but instead he was loyal and stayed, so I'm willing to give him some time. The problem with UM fans is, they expect to be the program to be what is was in the 80's and 90's, and that just isn't going to happen. UM dominated the college football landscape for a long time, but those days are over.

all well said and I think the husker front 7 make it tough for that U offense. Healthy Gregory Is always nice to have back for Nebraska. about everyone I know are already down there enjoying the day and game 2nite. i'll be watching from the comfort of my couch with my young boys...
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    all well said and I think the husker front 7 make it tough for that U offense. Healthy Gregory Is always nice to have back for Nebraska. about everyone I know are already down there enjoying the day and game 2nite. i'll be watching from the comfort of my couch with my young boys...

That's awesome Newc, enjoy the game. Let me know what you think of Kaaya, I'm real high on this kid, we haven't had a QB since Ken Dorsey.
    edited September 2014
    good solid 1st H Kane.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    yeah, the first half was well played. My concern is the Husker O-line wearing down UM's defense in the fourth quarter, Abdullah's a beast. Kaaya's played well, and as long as he doesn't turn it over, the Cane's can hang, but ultimately I expect the Huskers to wear Miami down, we'll see.
    edited September 2014
    ameer is a beast. huskers play calling so suspect in red zone, esp when they get inside the 10. was hoping they'd cap that last drive off with a td but canes held strong. enjoy the 2h.