Betting Talk

A question for Newcomb

13»

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    newcombe wrote: »
    ameer off to an incredible start for the huskers. undersized rutger D feeling it early... hope they keep rollin.

Just let Rutgers roll right down the field.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Just let Rutgers roll right down the field.

disgusting OT. Defense in 2h has been terrible. hope they decide to punch one in to end it here.
    edited October 2014
    disgusting OT. Defense in 2h has been terrible. hope they decide to punch one in to end it here.

The knife twister
    edited October 2014
    just short on the Illini over too. oh well
    edited October 2014
    on purdue +23.5, illini +28.5 tomorrow and I like the cuse again; waiting to see if it hits -3
    edited November 2014
    on purdue +23.5, illini +28.5 tomorrow and I like the cuse again; waiting to see if it hits -3

Adding cuse -2.5. Glad I waited.
    edited November 2014
    added huskers live -14. worth taking that and still having value in my purdue bet.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    I saw where Abdullah left the game with a knee, hopefully it's not serious, the kid has a bright future
    edited November 2014
    Sprain mcl is what I've heard so far and not too serious but we'll see. He makes a major difference in the husker offense.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    I saw where Pelini said Abdullah should be a go against Wisconsin, nice timing for their bye week
    edited November 2014
    timing is definitely huge in his return. everyone is saying he'll be a go at this point vs wisky and man do the huskers need him. Nebraska plays well on the road but to truly have a good chance of walking away victorious, he has to play. Last weeks performance was atrocious and must improve drastically.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Abdullah vs. Gordon should be fun to watch, hopefully he's 100% healthy or as close to it as possible
    edited November 2014
    kane wrote: »
    Abdullah vs. Gordon should be fun to watch, hopefully he's 100% healthy or as close to it as possible

should be a nice showdown if he's healthy. he'll play no matter what I think - he's a tough kid. Huskers can win that game if they simply plan on lining up and running right at Nebraska but I'm sure they will make a point to hit the screens and quick passes when the blackshirts become over aggressive as they love to do. curious to see where the line stands once the injury is widely known and trusted.
    edited November 2014
    see some +7s popping at -120 on the huskers v wisky. i'll have to see where this heads but I may grab some of that +7 if I can now even at that higher juice.
    edited November 2014
    grabbed some gophers at +14.
    edited November 2014
    hearing ameer is sore as shit. he's going to go but we'll know a lot on that first series... the backups (newby/cross) certainly don't come even close to what ameer brings so if he isn't better than 85% or so then this could be a long day of Tommy A in the shotgun looking to or being forced to throw which we all know isn't how the huskers are most efficient. guess we'll see how tough ameer really is today or more importantly how hurt he still may be.
    edited November 2014
    grabbed the hawkeyes at -3 as well.
    edited November 2014
    couple of husker game props grabbed with local. didn't shop lines or anything but I like em both.

Ameer Abdullah/Rushing Yards u99½ (-120)
    Kenny Bell/Receptions o4½ (-120)
    edited November 2014
    Newc,

I know he's hurt but playing. A sprained MCL can really prevent you from pivoting and cutting which can limit your production in a big way. Of course you know all this but I was wondering if you knew how bad it was and if he may be risking further injury. The team at times says a player can't hurt it anymore then it's already hurt and he's not risking permanent career ending injury. I understand that can happen with any player but I can't believe he's playing unless it had to be reported and really not that bad. I don't think the team would risk hurting this kid's future. What's your take.

Edit: I enjoy watching him play and would hate to see anything serious happen to him. Will be watching him on Sunday's.
    edited November 2014
    I agree OT. they aren't and ameer isn't going to risk his certain nfl future just for a chance to beat wisky in the regular season (albeit a big game to get to the conference championship). he truly isn't really in the run for the Heisman either so disregard that too. Bo P is many of things but he isn't going to pressure this kid to play unless he thinks he can safely run the ball and HELP win the game in doing so. huskers have plenty of rbs, newby is quick and cross can pound, and I know they aren't in the same caliber of ameeer even close but they can still run the ball without him so again, he wouldn't play if too risky or it not being a benefit to the teams chance to win.

he is set to play so I hope he can go hard and like I said in an earlier post, we'll know real quick on that 1st series.
    edited November 2014
    line moving. my local is dealing 4 now
    edited November 2014
    safe to see ameer is healthy :)...