Betting Talk

A question for Newcomb

Comments

• newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    ugh. pretty bad call on that roughing the passer. is what it is. should be a good finish.
    edited September 2014
    no love loss here huh Kane. great game.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    newcombe wrote: »
    no love loss here huh Kane. great game.

Yeah, things got a little chippy, but nothing out of control. Both skirmishes occurred after a late, or perceived late hit on Kaaya, just a couple of offensive linemen protecting their QB, I thought the announcer made more of it than there was, but whatever. As far as the game, Gregory and Abdullah were both as advertised, UM had no answer for them. When you can't stop the run, you have no chance to win. The announcers alluded to it a few times, but Miami's reluctance to bring their safeties closer to the line of scrimmage to help stop the run really hurt. If I'm defending Neb, I'm doing everything I can to stop the run, and make Armstrong beat me (easier said than done), but I didn't like Miami's scheme on D. As a Canes fan, the only thing I'm hanging my hat on is Brad Kaaya. While he's making some poor decisions at times, that's expected of a true freshman, he's also looked very good at times. I think the kid is the real deal and hopefully next year he shows big improvement, I think he's got a bright future. Congrats on the W, I know you guys have been wanting a piece of Miami for a while, so enjoy the moment and GL the rest of the season.
    edited September 2014
    great win and the fans were def happy in Lincoln last night. Kaaya is certainly the real deal imo as well. tall/athletic, makes good decisions for the most part already as a frosh and the arm is there. its funny to think that the only team the huskers have faced so far that stacked the box and stopped the run effectively is the Div 1AA Mcneese State.

any think you like in nfl today? saints at -9.5 is the only thing I grabbed. both sides of the ball will be on fire today.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    I didn't see your post until just now, but fwiw, I played the Giants, Rams, Skins, Jaguars, and Steelers. I also played a teaser with the Saints and Browns, GL
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Hey Newc, one last thing. I don't know if you've ever seen the movie "Friday" with Ice Cube, but the actress who played Felicia (Bye Felicia), is Brad Kaaya's mom.
    edited September 2014
    love that movie. interesting
    edited September 2014
    I have to say its great to watch an old school rushing attack again. ameer looking to grab another big 10 player of the week award at this rate; granted illini D is glaringly awful but the numbers he'll end up with today are going to be downright silly.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Hey Newc, a win next week and this season has a chance to be real special for your boys
    edited September 2014
    kane wrote: »
    Hey Newc, a win next week and this season has a chance to be real special for your boys

gonna take a small miracle unfortunately but crazier things have happened. O line must show up beyond huge allowing to control some clock as I am sure the huskers would prefer to minimize the touches on the sparty offensive side. well coached and legit sparty team at home. I'm looking forward to it.
    edited September 2014

a lot of early line movement up and now down. the sparty backers have to love seeing 7. will it end up below 7... I doubt it.
    edited October 2014
    local dealing 6.5 -110 currently. may be some value here in sparty.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited October 2014
    Man Newc how many times can they screw up in the Red Zone buddy ?
    Could have made this a real interesting game.
    I think you had Sparty but sorry for your loss.

It could be worst, you could be a Raider/A's fan like me. Yikes!
    edited October 2014
    yea the huskers have ran quite a few plays on sparty's end with awful results. no ground game equals dead in the water in a game like this. Sparty all around a better team so it is what it is I guess. ameer fumble on the 5 down 14-0 was a killer.
    edited October 2014
    well well well... I'm liking this finish other than my sparty play :)
    edited October 2014
    oops , hello we got ourselves a ballgame with 322 left
    edited October 2014
    wow. small tease that was but happy to see the effort.
    edited October 2014
    could have been one fabulous ending, good effort though.
    What a day in college football. Love to be in Mississippi tonite !
    Plus TCU - anybody that can beat Stoops is good with me.
    edited October 2014
    hell of a day indeed.
    edited October 2014
    grabbed a little 2h o27.5 -120
    edited October 2014
    missed that 2h over but who gives 2 shits after I just watched the tribute show 'Unbeaten' on the big 10 network for brook berringer. man that brought back some good memories and not a better guy to honor.
    edited October 2014
    grabbed some -19.5
    edited October 2014
    grabbed gophers/illini o54 too. gl today.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    I'm on Illinois, no opinion on the Neb game, GL
    edited October 2014
    I'm on Illinois, no opinion on the Neb game, GL

I missed the earlier Illini line so I passed but based on your line then I think you're on the right side. gonna be a hard fought game to the finish.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    I missed the earlier Illini line so I passed but based on your line then I think you're on the right side. gonna be a hard fought game to the finish.

I was on the screen early in the week when I saw all the 6.5's starting to drop, so I played them at that number. Last night I think I saw mostly 5's, so I was feeling pretty good about my play, then this morning I'm seeing 3.5's, which makes me think I'm on the right side, but who the fuck knows, they still have to play the game, I like the start though. Are you on anyone else today?
    edited October 2014
    I'm trying to talk myself out of backing the wolverines but I think they keep it w/in the 17. I'm on cuse +14.5 as well.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    I'm trying to talk myself out of backing the wolverines but I think they keep it w/in the 17. I'm on cuse +14.5 as well.

Small lean to the Wolves only because it's a rivalry, no opinion on the Orange, GL
    edited October 2014
    ameer off to an incredible start for the huskers. undersized rutger D feeling it early... hope they keep rollin.
    edited October 2014
    I know the gopher offense isn't much of a jugernot but for illini to hold them to 3 at half is incredible.