Betting Talk

Best College Football Preview magazine?

lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
edited August 2014 in Sports Betting
I always get the Blue Ribbon yearbook for College hoops. Is there a college football preview mag that is on par with Blue Ribbon?
Is it Phil Steele's? Or is there something better?

Comments

• RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    None. I stopped reading that stale stuff since the internet became available to me.
  • helmuthelmut Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Ronbets wrote: »
    None. I stopped reading that stale stuff since the internet became available to me.

I agree Ron.

I don't find the magazines that helpful anymore.

You can find youtube of most teams spring games and the announcers give some good input on the upcoming season.
    Also read the local papers.
    Lots of podcasts on the web that you can download and listen on your way to work.

Just doing the above three will put you way ahead of the guys reading the Steele magazine plus I don't trust a guy not willing to back his opinions with cold hard cash.
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm not counting on a magazine to give me significant insight into betting this college football season, I'm just looking for something decent to read on the shitter.

I have always been a big fan of the Blue Ribbon mag for college hoops. I was just wondering if there was anything similar for college football.....
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Phil Steele. Certainly enough in there to give you the $13 dollar's worth, even if a little bit of it is outdated.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm not counting on a magazine to give me significant insight into betting this college football season, I'm just looking for something decent to read on the shitter.

I have always been a big fan of the Blue Ribbon mag for college hoops. I was just wondering if there was anything similar for college football.....

It's too bad they quit doing their football mag, as it was by far the best. Same in depth stuff as the BB mag, and really put Phil Steele to shame. I guess not enough people bought it.

Really surprised you don't have a computer screen hanging over the crapper like most people.
  • mjc257mjc257 Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    TommyL wrote: »
    Phil Steele. Certainly enough in there to give you the $13 dollar's worth, even if a little bit of it is outdated.

Agree with Tommy. It'd be silly not to have Phil Steele.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    mjc257 wrote: »
    Agree with Tommy. It'd be silly not to have Phil Steele.

I've been getting Steele for as long as I can remember. Like Tommy said, you get a lot of info for $13