Betting Talk

Highest Preseason total, like EVER??

shoeboxshoebox Member
edited August 2014 in Sports Betting
Eagles-Pats showing 47 at spots, without looking it up, gotta be the highest in modern era?

Comments

• RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Highest I can remember,Shoe. If PHL coach Kelly has another successful season I'm sure other offenses will more and more resemble his..... Then watch the scoring.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited August 2014
    shoebox wrote: »
    Eagles-Pats showing 47 at spots, without looking it up, gotta be the highest in modern era?

New DB rules have been a disaster for defenses(brutal rule as usual for this day and age). There were almost 100 DB "contact" penalties in week 1. Now that the 1st team offenses will get more run, scoring may jump.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited August 2014
    FWIW, two totals since 1997 have been 46.5. Det/Stl 2005, which opened at 42.5 and 2013 Det/NE which opened at 45.5(highest recent opener).
  • pettifoggerpettifogger Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    One or two more injuries on defense for the Cowboys and the over 47 would be a solid play on a regular basis.
  • shoeboxshoebox Member
    edited August 2014
    StevieY wrote: »
    FWIW, two totals since 1997 have been 46.5. Det/Stl 2005, which opened at 42.5 and 2013 Det/NE which opened at 45.5(highest recent opener).

ok, so for sure the highest since 1997 and probably before that!

Stevie y, saw those db penalties and the hands to the face, but come on, these games use to be 32-33 and the high ones barley got past 38, and these arent even the week 3 dress rehersal, this is week 2! lets see what happens
  • shoeboxshoebox Member
    edited August 2014
    5 games played this week, 5 EASY overs, trend continue or not??
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    5 games played this week, 5 EASY overs, trend continue or not??

With all the flags that are keeping drives alive I really don't know how you can play an under. so if it's total's you want IMO it's only one way to play it and soon because they're catching up.
  • shoeboxshoebox Member
    edited August 2014
    now we have a 50+ this week :)

this is insane, u see in just 5-6 short years these total are up 10pts on the average