Betting Talk

Lester Scratched from Wednesday's start

Comments

• Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    Thanks I realized all the info was out dated. Thanks for the pointer. Will do.
    But am curious why so much concern about my domain and following whether I have re-up or not ?

Kinda creepy I think - for someone you dislike so much.

It takes like 5 seconds to find this stuff, don't flatter yourself like I was spending days researching you.

I will ask again - why was it re-upped? It wasn't on a yearly re-up schedule so it was clearly intentionally done.

I can't tell you how pumped I would be if you and jets start a service.
    edited August 2014

BTW instead of chasing me around, shouldn't you try to find a descent Web builder for your site ?

You mean a decent one? Let's not kid ourselves here, my site is the best on the innerwebs by far.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited August 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »
    It takes like 5 seconds to find this stuff, don't flatter yourself like I was spending days researching you.

I will ask again - why was it re-upped? It wasn't on a yearly re-up schedule so it was clearly intentionally done.

I can't tell you how pumped I would be if you and jets start a service.

Fabulous - we will put you on the top of the list when we decide to open up shop, so you can be our first customer.
    Though I highly doubt a 3rd grade teacher will be able to afford our service, going to be a whole lot north of $499. Sorry, but will check with Jets to see if we can give you the family discount.

But warning if we open , we don't do non-tv game totals, we will do major sports only. But you can resell our picks on your service. So there is that.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    But you can resell our picks on your service. So there is that.

Not planning on moving lines?
    edited August 2014
    durito wrote: »

Haven't you seen what happens when he posts his plays here? Screen lights up like a Christmas tree.
    edited August 2014
    durito wrote: »

only NBA - rest looking at -CLV
  • JafarJafar Banned
    edited August 2014
    He did take my advice on updating the site. It's certainly improved. I don't understand the color scheme with a black and white header and border and then a full color footer. The red link highlights on the tab is a head scratcher. But definitely better than the previous version.

But so long as your talking about an extra few bucks for domain privacy. For an extra $5 a month, you can embed your own paypal checkout form on the site instead of a cheap redirect. Or for $20 a month, you could create a membership site and host your pick delivery on its own private members only page.

If you'd like an actual site with all of the above, I'll do it for a dime and have it done by the end of the day.

In the interest of being balanced, I'll also add that BK says some retarded shit quite often.
    edited August 2014
    Haven't you seen what happens when he posts his plays here? Screen lights up like a Christmas tree.

Hey I got an idea, since you have nothing but time and enjoy stalking me.

Add up my CLV for bases, and NBA for me.

Let me know what it comes out to be. I am getting interested now that I might be officially becoming a TOUT like you.

If the CLV is bad do you think I have to change my name ? But do I have to use my sons as an excuse for changing my name or can I just me a man about it and say I sucked before but I am better now ? Too honest for a Tout ?

Which son should I throw under the bus - The one in the Air Force or the MBA ? Decisions decisions
    edited August 2014
    Jafar wrote: »
    But so long as your talking about an extra few bucks for domain privacy. For an extra $5 a month, you can embed your own paypal checkout form on the site instead of a cheap redirect. Or for $20 a month, you could create a membership site and host your pick delivery on its own private members only page.

If you'd like an actual site with all of the above, I'll do it for a dime and have it done by the end of the day.

Both of those are good suggestions, but I'll pass on the offer.
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Wow if bk and jets started a service that would just be epic.
  • MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    I agree, what was funny was that the screen had Boston at +110 when I played them and I actually played them at +120 and I would do it again under the same set of circumstances. 20/20 it's a wonderful thing.

I am not trying to be argumentative. I just want to learn something. I am simply picking your brain as to why u would play against GRich getting back +120 (or even 131 in DH's case) My methods are square but sometimes if it walks like a duck... You have a playoff team with one of baseball's best pitchers over the last 3 months facing a struggling team starting a gas can who would be pitching in Pawtucket or Dl'ed if the Red Sox where contending. I am not asking for the Colonel's secret recipe, just a little insight on why y'all and the market played Boston.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited August 2014
    BK/Jeff - Enough of the crap. Take it elsewhere if you need to continue, but this isn't the place for it. Thanks.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    I appreciate that you don't like Buccholz and I'm glad that you've had success avoiding him and/or fading him. I don't want to explain my methods, but there are a LOT of different things that need to be looked at besides what you posted above. I made the game Boston +110. I played +131 and it closed +113. I'd make that bet every day. Good luck to you.

Wrong Quote.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    I am not trying to be argumentative. I just want to learn something. I am simply picking your brain as to why u would play against GRich getting back +120 (or even 131 in DH's case) My methods are square but sometimes if it walks like a duck... You have a playoff team with one of baseball's best pitchers over the last 3 months facing a struggling team starting a gas can who would be pitching in Pawtucket or Dl'ed if the Red Sox where contending. I am not asking for the Colonel's secret recipe, just a little insight on why y'all and the market played
    Boston.
    I guess I come from a different time and would ask why Boston was bet in a different way. "What was it about the Boston game that put you on them" I didn't need his year in review that's all. I also didn't say you were being augmentative I just said 20/20 is a wonderful thing.
  • MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    I guess I come from a different time and would ask why Boston was bet in a different way. "What was it about the Boston game that put you on them" I didn't need his year in review that's all. I also didn't say you were being augmentative I just said 20/20 is a wonderful thing.

What was it about the Boston game that put u on them?
    edited August 2014
    This trade was so fucking bad , we had to go get Dunn. Good grief !
    Great trade ? No not really.

I was wrong about Gomes though, he isn't useless at all, he has a really good radio show, but yes useless as a baseball player !
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited September 2014

I was wrong about Gomes though, he isn't useless at all, he has a really good radio show, but yes useless as a baseball player !

You can't really sneak too much thru waivers now so you aren't going to make a blockbuster. What's there to lose? They really didnt give up anything for him and there isn't a scary hitter in their lineup. They are a bunch of .250 hitters who work the count and draw walks. Donaldson will give you power when he guesses right. Moss will run into a few, but neither is someone you don't want to see walking on deck. Earlier in the year, many were looking like they were going to have career years. They also always found a way to beat the Angels earlier in the year and now they have the blank faces the Angels had then, they look defeated. Now, they all look like who they are. I sat here the last 4 days and watched the Angel pitchers just throw strikes(outside CJ Wilson as usual), they let them get themselves out. I was never a big Cespedes fan, he gives you another power bat, but he is a typical Cuban hitter, and he is nothing different than a less walking Donaldson, but for all the times he was in and out of their lineup with injuries, they seem to be different without him for some unknown reason. They haven't been the same since he was traded. There should be no reason for it stat wise and he just doesnt seem like he is a "chemistry" guy.

Kazmir got squeezed today.
    edited September 2014
    Sy , Cespedes was the one scare in the lineup the A's had, now that is gone. They didn't need Lester they needed a middle infielder that could hit. "Cuban" hitter , yeah can't walk off the island. MLB is about to be flooded with them.
    Dunn another 200 hitter that has come out and said his career is done in 30 days, why bother ?
    edited September 2014
    Sy , Cespedes was the one scare in the lineup the A's had, now that is gone. They didn't need Lester they needed a middle infielder that could hit. "Cuban" hitter , yeah can't walk off the island. MLB is about to be flooded with them.
    Dunn another 200 hitter that has come out and said his career is done in 30 days, why bother ?

With crisp hurt getting Dunn allows u to play him over parrino/gentry. U don't think that improves them offensively?
    edited September 2014
    worm33 wrote: »
    With crisp hurt getting Dunn allows u to play him over parrino/gentry. U don't think that improves them offensively?

Absolutely not ! Unless you are going to specify a certain year of Dunns career you are going to get for the next 30 days.
    You know like 2012 Gomes.
    edited September 2014
    Absolutely not ! Unless you are going to specify a certain year of Dunns career you are going to get for the next 30 days.
    You know like 2012 Gomes.

edited September 2014

He retires in 30 days, one of the biggest contract busts in history of mlb , u think he cares ? He has checked out !
    You ever seen an employee tell you he is retiring later in the year , it's easier and more profitable to send them home immediately !
  • SnakeheadSnakehead Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    I believe an article said he has never been in a post-season game? Definitely never been in a World Series. He may have 'checked out' in Chicago, but I think he would love to go out with a bang, having contributed to a playoff team.
  • SnakeheadSnakehead Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    He retires in 30 days, one of the biggest contract busts in history of mlb , u think he cares ? He has checked out !
    You ever seen an employee tell you he is retiring later in the year , it's easier and more profitable to send them home immediately !
    Did Mariano Rivera or Chipper Jones 'check out' in their final seasons, both having announced retirement plans early in the season?
    edited September 2014
    Snakehead wrote: »
    I believe an article said he has never been in a post-season game? Definitely never been in a World Series. He may have 'checked out' in Chicago, but I think he would love to go out with a bang, having contributed to a playoff team.

Not to mention he had to waive his no trade clause to go there.
    edited September 2014
    Snakehead wrote: »
    Did Mariano Rivera or Chipper Jones 'check out' in their final seasons, both having announced retirement plans early in the season?

Are you comparing hall of famers to this piece of crap ? Come on man

Waiving no trade clause ? Lol
    Really out of white sox , u think he should have to pay for that good fortune.
    You guys are reaching IMO , but again differing opinions.
    Again as an A's fan I hope I am wrong and you guys are right.
    edited September 2014
    Are you comparing hall of famers to this piece of crap ? Come on man

Waiving no trade clause ? Lol
    Really out of white sox , u think he should have to pay for that good fortune.
    You guys are reaching IMO , but again differing opinions.
    Again as an A's fan I hope I am wrong and you guys are right.

6817 ab 460 homers. Piece of crap.
    edited September 2014
    More importantly, 4624 AB vs RHP and 329 HR.
    edited September 2014
    6817 ab 460 homers. Piece of crap.

Equal to Mariano and Chipper?

Having a model is nice worm, may I suggest open your eyes and view the player a bit more.
    Also past performance is not a guarantee for the future.
    edited September 2014

http://www.poker.org/videos/aa-vs-aa-wsop-2014-one-drop-153045/

Just because Drinan lost doesn't make his shove a bad play.