Betting Talk

Lester Scratched from Wednesday's start

Comments

• kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    StevieY wrote: »
    Tigers land the guy who dominates them. :)

Dombrowski is as sharp as they come. On paper it appears the Rays got hosed, I'm surprised at how seemingly little they got for Price.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited July 2014
    kane wrote: »
    Dombrowski is as sharp as they come. On paper it appears the Rays got hosed, I'm surprised at how seemingly little they got for Price.

Smyly is a solid mid-rotation guy with some upside. TB now has a starting 5 with talent under their control for many years.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Smyly is a solid mid-rotation guy with some upside. TB now has a starting 5 with talent under their control for many years.

Okay, but I still think the Rays could have done better than Smyly, Franklin, and the minor leaguer. David Price is one of the best lefties in the league, and Tampa should have gotten a better package imo
    edited July 2014
    Okay, but I still think the Rays could have done better than Smyly, Franklin, and the minor leaguer. David Price is one of the best lefties in the league, and Tampa should have gotten a better package imo

Sometimes it isn't about what you could have gotten. I don't think they wanted anyone who was running short or out of arbitration years. Yeah, there is a difference between Price and Smyly but when you factor in the millions of dollars they can spend elsewhere now you have locked up your rotation for a few years cheap, it's a decent deal for them. Whether they spend that money or not is another matter.

I'd like to see what else they were offered for Price.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited July 2014
    On a side note.
    A's gave away tommy miline for peanuts, a guy who many guys thought he was better then Parker. (Not me)
    But what do Gm's know huh ?
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    And my Mets did nothing... Yawn.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    On a side note.
    A's gave away tommy miline for peanuts, a guy who many guys thought he was better then Parker. (Not me)
    But what do Gm's know huh ?

No leverage. The kid was a malcontent and wanted out. They obliged him. For a warm climate kid, he's in for a rude awakening trying to pitch @Target in April.
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited August 2014

I highly doubt they turned down better. Maybe they would have gotten more had they traded him 3 weeks ago but there was not 1 top 50 prospect traded yesterday. Not 1. Tons of major leaguers traded for major leaguers. Getting Price for the stretch run and paying him 20 million next year just isnt valued at what it used to be.

Just shows you how good the Cubs did with the Smardj Hammell trade. Huge return for 40% of season from Hammell and 40% of a season from Smardj and the right to pay him 10 million next year.
    edited August 2014
    As an Angels fan, I guess it is football season now. Fuck me.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    As an Angels fan, I guess it is football season now. Fuck me.

Brutal.
    edited August 2014
    It was fun holding Boston +131 up 2-0 with Buchholz vs the damn bullpen and seeing it bleed away.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »
    It was fun holding Boston +131 up 2-0 with Buchholz vs the damn bullpen and seeing it bleed away.

I fell for it also... in-progress. I guess I can't blame Bobby Valentine only myself.
    edited August 2014

Angels have a good bullpen which is their only saving grace without Richards since they don't have another 7 inning pitcher, but yeah, Buchholz just fell apart 2nd time thru the order.
  • MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited August 2014

dating back to may 9, Buchholz has shutdown the cubs, hou twice , and had 1 decent start vs the angels over his last 15 starts. The other 11 have been bad to disastrous. why would u think last night would be any different?
    edited August 2014
    dating back to may 9, Buchholz has shutdown the cubs, hou twice , and had 1 decent start vs the angels over his last 15 starts. The other 11 have been bad to disastrous. why would u think last night would be any different?

I appreciate that you don't like Buccholz and I'm glad that you've had success avoiding him and/or fading him. I don't want to explain my methods, but there are a LOT of different things that need to be looked at besides what you posted above. I made the game Boston +110. I played +131 and it closed +113. I'd make that bet every day. Good luck to you.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    I appreciate that you don't like Buccholz and I'm glad that you've had success avoiding him and/or fading him. I don't want to explain my methods, but there are a LOT of different things that need to be looked at besides what you posted above. I made the game Boston +110. I played +131 and it closed +113. I'd make that bet every day. Good luck to you.

I agree, what was funny was that the screen had Boston at +110 when I played them and I actually played them at +120 and I would do it again under the same set of circumstances. 20/20 it's a wonderful thing.
    edited August 2014
    This is why books will always prosper.
    Best pitcher in AL just needs to go 6 innings vs a pathetic Red Sox offense for a probable win vs a pitcher that's going to give up at least 4 + runs to an offense that's clicking.
    Yeah I will make that bet everyday on the Angels , plus will double it with the market driving the price down. Lol
    Different views I guess.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited August 2014

Surprised you haven't bankrupted them all yet.
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Best pitcher in AL just needs to go 6 innings vs a pathetic Red Sox offense for a probable win vs a pitcher that's going to give up at least 4 + runs to an offense that's clicking.
    Yeah I will make that bet everyday on the Angels , plus will double it with the market driving the price down. Lol
    Different views I guess.

Nice job!
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Different views I guess.

LOLOLOLOL
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    BK is trolling everyone right? He can't be a real person.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Different views I guess.

Did Felix Hernandez get traded to the National league? I must have missed it.
    edited August 2014
    Different views I guess.

Uh, yeah.
    edited August 2014
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    BK is trolling everyone right? He can't be a real person.

Just wait. He re-upped his domain name recently, and there have been rumblings between him and jets about a "project." I eagerly await an announcement.
    edited August 2014
    Sorry was typing on phone, didn't mean the best meant one of the best in the AL. Which I think he was.

Lumpy , I get the hate for me, it is clear, move one, live life , hit ignore, do something useful with your fucking time.

Durito, key is never to break them, always leave them with enough where they still want to play the game.

H, yeah didn't mean it as an insult to you or OT just was saying how guys view the same game in different ways.
    edited August 2014
    Just wait. He re-upped his domain name recently, and there have been rumblings between him and jets about a "project". I eagerly await an announcement.
    Lot of fucking time this summer huh ? School not open yet in Michigan ?

Don't worry I will let you know if I change my name and start being a Tout- will keep you posted
    edited August 2014
    Lot of fucking time this summer huh ? School not open yet in Michigan ?

Don't worry I will let you know if I change my name and start being a Tout- will keep you posted

Why did you re-up your domain name?

Update Date: 2014-02-21 10:54:52
    Creation Date: 2008-03-22 16:03:51

And if you've never listened to me before about anything else, take this advice: Pay the fucking $20 or whatever it is to hide your private data. Your name, address, phone # are easily accessible to anyone who wants to find them.
  • bcl4bcl4 Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Durito, key is never to break them, always leave them with enough where they still want to play the game.

/dying
    edited August 2014
    I have over 25+ domain names, all on auto. If it is any of your fucking business.

Don't you have something better to do with your life ?
    Don't you have new baby ? or something that forced a name change ? or was that a line for the sheep ?

You did quite well for a few weeks staying away, just couldn't resist huh ?

Guess you have to promote somehow.... Let's go I got a few hours.
    edited August 2014
    Why did you re-up your domain name?

Update Date: 2014-02-21 10:54:52
    Creation Date: 2008-03-22 16:03:51

And if you've never listened to me before about anything else, take this advice: Pay the fucking $20 or whatever it is to hide your private data. Your name, address, phone # are easily accessible to anyone who wants to find them.

Thanks I realized all the info was out dated. Thanks for the pointer. Will do.
    But am curious why so much concern about my domain and following whether I have re-up or not ?

Kinda creepy I think - for someone you dislike so much.

BTW instead of chasing me around, shouldn't you try to find a descent Web builder for your site ?