Betting Talk

kane

Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
edited July 2014 in Sports Betting
Congrats on the win. After I won a bet on the Under with Cincinnati should have rode the Under. They need to get back on track. Cueto the Stopper (Love that guy). Great Job. Better days ahead they needed that.

Comments

• kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't know OT, I'm starting to lose faith a little. I love their rotation, but they're so challenged offensively. They've had a ton of injuries, but every team goes through that, so no excuses. I don't think this will be their year, they need to make a run very soon as the season is getting short. I like the organization and feel like they are doing things the right way regarding building the team, the problem for them is the contracts they gave to Votto and Bailey. The Votto deal I can at least understand as he was coming off an MVP season and looked like one of the best hitters in the game, unfortunately he injured his knee, rushed to come back, hurt it again and hasn't been the same since. I'm hoping when he does return, he'll be 100% healthy as the Reds can't afford to lose him. The Bailey contract is one I don't understand, yes he has very good stuff, but if you look at his career numbers they aren't what you would expect from someone with his arm, his numbers should be better. Those two massive contracts will limit what they can do going forward as they aren't a big market team, but at least I know going into any season that my team has a shot at the playoffs which is something not every fan can say. Also, you're right about Cueto, the guy is a bonafide ace, and other than Kershaw, he's right up there with the best pitchers in the league.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    I hear what your saying and I've mention it before I do like watching Cincy games mainly when Cueto pitches because I enjoy watching him and I also agree with your thoughts on Bailey. Bailey seems to be an underachiever and might be that type of pitcher year after year while your waiting for something that never comes. I also watch because I bet him Over 11 wins for the season. Votto, very sad to watch him this year after coming back he really looked hurt and should have never come back that soon. Losing Phillips is huge also and Cincy is 3-9 without him in the lineup and that's for real.

They have the arms starting and Pen to go far but with Bruce, Ludwick doing nothing and laying it all on Hamilton, Frazier and Mesoraco it's tough. Well anyway best of luck and I agree with your assessment of the Heat, high 40's 50 wins seems about right and with them being in the east you may be able to squeeze home court first round. Don't let anyone ever under estimate the hearts of champions and I'm glad they resign Haslem the enforcer.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    You're right about Frazier, Mesoraco, and Hamilton. If you would have told me at the start of the season those guys would have the numbers they do, I would have thought the Reds would be twenty games over by now, but that's not how things have worked out. Unfortunately, Bruce, Phillips and Votto haven't produced. Also, I'm glad you mentioned Udonis Haslem. This year marks the third time in his career that he's taken less money to stay in Miami, and he's always been a fan favorite. His nickname is Mr. 305 (Miami's area code), and he's a guy that does all the little things that don't show up in the box score. Think about this, for his career he averages eight points and seven rebounds a game, and when he retires the Heat will retire his number and hang his jersey from the rafters. I don't know how many players have had their jersey retired with seemingly pedestrian numbers, but that tells you how much he has meant to the organization. Everything he's achieved in his career he's earned and had to work hard for. He was undrafted coming out of college and played a year or two overseas before getting a tryout with the Heat, and like they say, the rest is history. Going from being undrafted to a three time champion who's jersey will be retired says a lot about him as a player and a person. BTW, in case you couldn't tell, UD is one of my all time favorite athletes. Love talkin' to ya OT, take care.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Good talking to you also.

I really like the game where Stephenson was breaking balls like the JO was all series (Think it was the blowing in the ear game) and he walked back with LeBron to the bench and UD stood up and you can read his lips clear saying "I will kick your F***ing ass" and Stephenson just looked the other way and didn't say a word. He had fear in his eyes.

Take care..