Betting Talk

british open help?

acetotenacetoten Senior Member
edited July 2014 in Sports Betting
i'm in some local pools, one of the contests you get rewarded for birdies and eagles,
you don't get penalized for bogeys and worse. for instance, if two guys shoot 72, and player a gets all pars, and player b gets 5 birdies
and 5 bogeys, you would want player b on your team.
so, if anyone can help, I need a few golfers that can make birdies and eagles? does this course favor long hitters? good putters?
all the above?

also, just some guys that ought to finish in top 10? i don't care about odds, just guys that should make cut and finish well.

thanx a lot for any and all help,
ace

Comments

• 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    acetoten wrote: »
    i'm in some local pools, one of the contests you get rewarded for birdies and eagles,
    you don't get penalized for bogeys and worse. for instance, if two guys shoot 72, and player a gets all pars, and player b gets 5 birdies
    and 5 bogeys, you would want player b on your team.
    so, if anyone can help, I need a few golfers that can make birdies and eagles? does this course favor long hitters? good putters?
    all the above?

also, just some guys that ought to finish in top 10? i don't care about odds, just guys that should make cut and finish well.

thanx a lot for any and all help,
    ace

There are four par fives............check the stats at pgatour.com for your birdie and eagle leaders.
  • AdminAdmin Administrator
    edited July 2014
    Too late for this, but we had a great British Open discussion thread over on the Fantasy Sports forum. (And FYI, we'll be discussing pretty much every PGA tournament over there the rest of this summer.)