Betting Talk

Tennis - Taylor Townsend

TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
edited August 2014 in Sports Betting
I've heard about her over the past couple of years (her success at the junior level and being the future of American women's tennis, the controversy with the USTA and refusing to give her a wild card to the US Open due to her weight, etc), but today is the first time I've ever actually watched her play (I watched most of the Cornet match), and she's certainly the most unique player that I've seen in many years. She had so much power and her mental makeup is obviously there (incredibly impressed with an 18 year old hanging in there as it was all falling apart against the very pro-French crowd). And she really doesn't get around as poorly as you'd expect by looking at her. If she can drop 30-40 pounds and really get into the shape that the top players are in, she can win multiple Grand Slams. In this age of "cookie cutter" tennis players, she really is fascinating to watch play.

Comments

• 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Williams sisters - the attitude + a cuter face.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Hmmm I thought you were referencing a character from the greatest TV show ever, The OC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Townsend_(The_O.C.)
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    Hmmm I thought you were referencing a character from the greatest TV show ever, The OC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Townsend_(The_O.C.)

First thing I thought of as well.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited May 2014
    2sportguy wrote: »
    Williams sisters - the attitude + a cuter face.

I've always been a fan of the Williams sisters...Though they've obviously had their moments (and Serena moreso than Venus), they've also done a lot of things that you don't see out of the top players (always willing to play Fed Cup matches, playing things like Doubles and Mixed Doubles at the Grand Slam events, etc). I think it's unfortunate that their dad really hurt their image somewhat with his attitude, as outside of a few incidents, they've always shown a lot of class.

And I'm not seeing it with the face (whereas I think that Sloane Stephens has a very cute face)...

1401307103000-USP-Tennis-French-Open-Townsend-vs-Cornet-001.jpg
  • JafarJafar Banned
    edited May 2014
    That's a huge bitch.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Townsend draws Serena in the first round of the US Open. Looking forward to seeing that matchup next week.