• duritodurito Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    where specifically
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Salinas, Canoa, Atacames
    edited May 2014
    Been to Atacames, don't remember much. Beach town, gets a lot of tourists in from Quito. I don't like the beach or the heat, but if that's your thing it's probably pretty nice.

Really like the area around Quito a lot, and from Cuenca south to the Peruvian border as well.
    edited May 2014
    Any info on what you like, Durito, will be greatly appreciated
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited May 2014
    I opened this thread thinking that we'd be discussing their chances of getting out of Group E this summer.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited May 2014
    I thought the same thing TL, had to look up at the web address to make sure I didn't hit the Travel or retire overseas website. :laughing:
    edited May 2014
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    I thought the same thing TL, had to look up at the web address to make sure I didn't hit the Travel or retire overseas website. :laughing:

Who said anything about retiring, BK ???

BEST
    edited May 2014
    The retiring thing was from my head, I am getting close to getting out of the rat race , so everytime I travel , I look for places I might retire to mostly in South America.

So far La Paz Mexico, and Costa Rica are in the lead. LOL

Did
    edited May 2014
    Costa Rica is my favorite, by far

Should have bought 10 years ago
    edited May 2014
    Belize is my all time favorite, almost bought there and Costa Rica 2004-2005 . Would have could have should have. I got about a zillion of those in my life.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    Belize is my all time favorite, almost bought there and Costa Rica 2004-2005 . Would have could have should have. I got about a zillion of those in my life.

What part of Belize?
    edited May 2014
    This is officially The Travel Thread

Jump in
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    This is officially The Travel Thread

Jump in

Cool! I'm headed to Biarritz, France this summer in July for about 5 days. Anyone ever been there?
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Cool! I'm headed to Biarritz, France this summer in July for about 5 days. Anyone ever been there?

There are no "bad beats" in Biarritz
    edited May 2014
    There are no "bad beats" in Biarritz

Lol. Have you been before? I never have
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Lol. Have you been before? I never have

You know everyone reading this is picturing you ignoring whatever cultural aspects and beautiful sights may be surrounding you there to stare at your cell phone sweating a BG MLB release, right? :)
    edited May 2014
    Goats wrote: »
    You know everyone reading this is picturing you ignoring whatever cultural aspects and beautiful sights may be surrounding you there to stare at your cell phone sweating a BG MLB release, right? :)

Hahaha! That was good! I have researched it some and it looks like a real cool town. I will be there watching golf for about 4-5 days. It's a beach town and the beaches look nice. Hope I can eat good healthy food while I'm there. And I hope they have crown royal:).
    edited May 2014
    What part of Belize?

I want to say it was Belize City, but not sure.
    But the sell was to purchase an island close to the area.
    If I remember correctly we were going to purchase an island of mangroves (sp?) that was going to be covered with sand and create our own island. Like all for about 300k or so if I remember correctly.

But a few weeks after we came back they had some big hurricane come through that leveled some places so we backed out.

Wish we had stuck with it.
    edited May 2014
    Thanks, Goats

Team,
    would love to hear about value, sports, gambling, etc.
    prices relative to flights, housing, real estate, food, etc.

Did you know that the most people over 100 supposedly live in Ecuador
    edited May 2014
    I spent about 6 months there almost ten years ago. Not sure how much has changed, the economies in neighboring countires( Colombia, Peru, Chile) have really grown the last decade and costs have gone up substantially but Ecuador hasn't done as well. They also use the US dollar so that makes it very attractive if you are living off those. Real estate was dirt cheap when I was there, no idea now, it's tripled or more in nice places in Colombia the last 10 years though.
    edited May 2014
    Been to Columbia once. Girls are unreal!
    edited May 2014
    Been to Columbia once. Girls are unreal!

Buy.com tourney? Girls in Bogota have nothing on the ones from the rest of the country.
    edited May 2014
    durito wrote: »
    Buy.com tourney? Girls in Bogota have nothing on the ones from the rest of the country.

Yes sir! Crazy how far the ball goes in bogota. 8000 feet above sea level. 7 iron from 210, nuts!
  • pettifoggerpettifogger Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Thanks
    Team,
    would love to hear about value, sports, gambling, etc.
    prices relative to flights, housing, real estate, food, etc.

Did you know that the most people over 100 supposedly live in Ecuador

They're really 36 only look like 100.
    edited May 2014
    Great site:

Live and Invest Overseas!!!
    edited May 2014
    Booked to Ecuador for 2 weeks in September to study all

Share knowledge

Thanks
    edited July 2014
    Help if you can

Flights booked from Sept 16th - open ended to travel and study in Ecuador and Belize

Place, that I am looking for must be oceanfront; not a block away

Small is fine; @ 1500 sq ft

I would appreciate any and all assistance; my peers here are very helpful in all areas

If interested at all, I will report trip details daily

Please assist

BEST
  • JafarJafar Banned
    edited July 2014
    Help if you can

Flights booked from Sept 16th - open ended to travel and study in Ecuador and Belize

Place, that I am looking for must be oceanfront; not a block away

Small is fine; @ 1500 sq ft

I would appreciate any and all assistance; my peers here are very helpful in all areas

If interested at all, I will report trip details daily

Please assist

BEST

I'm not sure what you mean exactly because you didn't give a city. But if you are open to any city than I have a couple recommendations.

In Ecuador, I would go to Mantanita. It's the most liberal part of the country. Hippie surf town. Dirt cheap. Good culture and great ceviche. If you wanted to spend say 1000 a month you could get a sick place. And great surfing.

In Belize, I'd say it's a no brainer to stay in Ambergris Caye. It wouldn't exactly be cheap cause it is a tourist spot but it's beautiful and there's great snorkeling there. You take a water taxi to get there or a small prop plane if you didn't feel like being on a cramped boat for an hour or so.

Also, I'll be back in the Caymans in October so make sure to book a ticket over there for the MNKD party!
    edited July 2014
    Tell me when!!!!

I am in!!!

Thanks
    edited July 2014
    Jafar wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you mean exactly because you didn't give a city. But if you are open to any city than I have a couple recommendations.

In Ecuador, I would go to Mantanita. It's the most liberal part of the country. Hippie surf town. Dirt cheap. Good culture and great ceviche. If you wanted to spend say 1000 a month you could get a sick place. And great surfing.

In Belize, I'd say it's a no brainer to stay in Ambergris Caye. It wouldn't exactly be cheap cause it is a tourist spot but it's beautiful and there's great snorkeling there. You take a water taxi to get there or a small prop plane if you didn't feel like being on a cramped boat for an hour or so.

Also, I'll be back in the Caymans in October so make sure to book a ticket over there for the MNKD party!

I am looking at plans now for a new condo in Ambergris Caye!!!

Thanks