BGPicks.com is up and running

Comments

• golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Getting the kinks worked out.

I understand. Not complaining just letting them know
  • lilylily Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Same here with multiple email/text..no problems getting release number day 1 ..
  • BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    First release went well. I did get 4 texts and 4 emails though for the one play

Which package did you buy?
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Which package did you buy?

First 28 days. Gonna see how it goes. BG - love the site too. First class
  • jakenhljakenhl Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Now that the first play been released. Was it difficult to get the release line?I would love to purchase the service. But with the release time of 7 AM my options are down to four books. Three offshore and one in town. Any information would be appreciated.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    1700 for the season....I can't wait to see this. That said,

I wish him ever bit of luck and continued success because we are all here for the same purpose.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    jets96 wrote: »
    1700 for the season....I can't wait to see this.

What exactly do you mean by this?

I expected it to be more, honestly.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    jakenhl wrote: »
    Now that the first play been released. Was it difficult to get the release line?I would love to purchase the service. But with the release time of 7 AM my options are down to four books. Three offshore and one in town. Any information would be appreciated.

I had no issues getting the line offshore.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Naturally, I'm a little skeptical, but I wish him well. IMO, baseball is a different animal. Personally, I need scalps and props to defeat it.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Naturally, I'm a little skeptical, .

Why? He crushes every year.

First play closed arbable and was released into full limits everywhere.
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    durito wrote: »

First play closed arbable and was released into full limits everywhere.

That one DID move a lot...lol
    edited April 2014
    It didn't really move at all at release, which isn't terribly surprising with pin/cris/bol all with 10k limits.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited April 2014

He does ? just wondering where I can find all those years ?
    edited April 2014
    The peeps thread from 2012 is easy enough to find (106-57 +43.65) as is last years here. I can't find the 2011 but it was good. There are other threads at other forums from earlier years if you look.
    edited April 2014
    The peeps thread from 2012 is easy enough to find (106-57 +43.65) as is last years here. I can't find the 2011 but it was good. There are other threads at other forums from earlier years if you look.

Oops, no 2011 thread, picks were in daily threads. I followed, they crushed close and won.
    edited April 2014
    It didn't really move at all at release, which isn't terribly surprising with pin/cris/bol all with 10k limits.

So he released 2 minutes after the move from 120 to 127 on pin today? Release time on website says 10:05 I assume thats 7:05 pacific.
    edited April 2014
    worm33 wrote: »
    So he released 2 minutes after the move from 120 to 127 on pin today? Release time on website says 10:05 I assume thats 7:05 pacific.

No it was 8:52 pacific
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    GL BG and it was a damn nice ride last year tagging along. much appreciated!
    edited April 2014
    No it was 8:52 pacific

Damn u keep editing the time! :). I see 10:05 is the start time of the game (pacific). On the website it says release time expected to be around 7:00 am pacific so I thought the move at 7:03 pacific from 120-127 was him. I assume he was waiting for full limits instead of releasing at his normal time.
    edited April 2014
    Is this what ur referring to Worm?

Pacific time
    04/05 06:33:52am #968 TOR R DICKEY -R
    04/05 06:49:15am #967 NYY M PINEDA -R
    8½o20
    04/05 07:02:29am #968 TOR R DICKEY -R
    04/05 07:03:09am #968 TOR R DICKEY -R
    04/05 08:08:54am #968 TOR R DICKEY -R
    edited April 2014
    worm33 wrote: »
    Damn u keep editing the time! :). I see 10:05 is the start time of the game (pacific). On the website it says release time expected to be around 7:00 am pacific so I thought the move at 7:03 pacific from 120-127 was him. I assume he was waiting for full limits instead of releasing at his normal time.

Sorry I was looking at the wrong thing. That one is right.
  • TotallyTiltTotallyTilt Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Out of curiosity, why wouldn't you offer packages less than 28 days? Seems like you're narrowing your potential customer base unless there is something I'm missing (quite possible).
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Out of curiosity, why wouldn't you offer packages less than 28 days? Seems like you're narrowing your potential customer base unless there is something I'm missing (quite possible).

I'm surprised he has anything less then the full year with this price and the length of the season IMO it's a bargain. Also he says and it's not in stone he should have around 15 plays a week. $1700 and change is a good deal. The man is proven winner and this isn't your $49 a week tout. I'll go low ball and say you can be a $300 a game bettor and do very well. The only thing I would hope that he does and this is from a non subscriber because I didn't see it on his web site when last year he felt the market wasn't to his liking he Quit up 30 something units so if the same thing happens this year if I was a subscriber I would want him to do the same thing if he felt his edge was gone.
    edited April 2014
    Don't disagree with anything you said here but I wasn't questioning the price. I bought a full season package myself so I obviously believe there's value for me and for that matter, many others. But that doesn't answer the question as to why he's potentially limiting his customer base. Again there may be a good reason for it but I'd be very surprised if the reasoning was along the lines of "I'm a great handicapper therefore I'm only catering to serious sports bettors".
    edited April 2014
    Maybe this has something to do with the time frame? Kinda vague with sub. options.

"If the service does not produce at least 1 UNIT of profit (based on BGPicks release lines) for the duration of the subscription, you will receive a full refund at the end of the season."
    edited April 2014
    "I'm a great handicapper therefore I'm only catering to serious sports bettors".

Not to speak for them, but RAS doesn't sell short subscriptions and IMO the reason is pretty much as they say page that the service is geared towards sophisticated sports bettors. The people most likely to buy short term subscriptions are the ones least likely to have the resources necessary to follow the service properly. It just creates unnecessary hassles.
  • procapprocap Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    What durito said and you're ending up paying more if you go the short-term route... just makes sense to pay it all up front
    edited April 2014
    So what you're saying is that they're looking out for the interest of the less sophisticated bettors at the expense of making less money? That's pretty foolhardy from a business standpoint but pretty awesome from an ethical standpoint - all under the assumption that selling short-term packages is -EV to those customers long-term (this is still a bit of an assumption and quite complicated IMO). Will be interested to hear what the actual reason is.
    edited April 2014
    In part for sure. I'm sure RAS would get plenty of sales offering daily packages -- even after the release when the value is gone.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited April 2014
    From personally hearing about some of the hassles involved with running a service (mostly in the customer service area), sacrificing profit in an attempt to weed out customers who may be more likely to cause said hassles can actually be well worth it in the eyes of the service provider.