A couple of underdogs who will win their games outright in my opinion:

451 BAL +9
463 CIN +3
473 ARI +4.5
475 GB +4.5

Comments

• Reno MasterReno Master Junior Member
    edited August 2013
    If they'll win outright, why not bet them on the money line and make more $$$?

RM
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    If they'll win outright, why not bet them on the money line and make more $$$?

RM

Hi RM,
    Please check the record keeping guidelines:

#4. All football and basketball picks must be at -110*. No money lines. No buying points.
    *An exception would be when a game is shaded around a key number like 3 or 7. In that case, please make sure to include the proper juice

Personally I will be betting them on the moneyline. Most probably 70% on the spread and 30% on the moneyline for Baltimore and 50/50 for the others. Going cautious. It's week 1, but I like these dogs.
    edited September 2013
    Anybody who has a positive record after week 1 should consider himself lucky. Note to self: DO NOT BET WEEK 1 next year!

YTD: 1-2-1 for -1.2 UNITS
    edited September 2013
    Week 2:

196 PHI -7
    Will also be on them for the 1st half.
    edited September 2013
    Week 2 added:
    212 CHI -6
    213 NO -3
    216 DET/ARI UNDER 47.5
    218 OAK -5.5
    edited September 2013
    final add week 2:

224 CIN -6
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    GL Obi (except for the Saints), first week all dogs, second all chalk, interesting.
    edited September 2013
    Week 2: 3-3 for -0.3 units
    YTD: 4-5-1 for -1.5 units

Early picks for week 3:
    301 KC +3
    407 NYG +1.5
    403 DET/WSH OVER 49
    edited September 2013
    Added for week 3:

414 SEA -18
    Yes I know these big faves are 4-14 ATS since the nineties
    edited September 2013
    2-2 so far this week.
    Noticed that the Broncos with Manning and the thin-air home advantage regularly have a decisive edge over their opponents in the 2nd half of games. Will be waiting for the 2nd half tomorrow, to see wether there's a play available.
    edited September 2013
    Early ones for week 4:

214 KC -4
    217 DAL/SD OVER 45
    202 BAL/BUF UNDER 44
    edited September 2013
    Week 1: 1-2-1 for -1.2 units
    Week 3: 2-2 for -0.2 units

YTD: 6-7-1 for -1.7 units

Thursday Night Football:
    102 STL +3
    edited September 2013
    207 sea -3
    224 ne/atl under 49.5
    edited September 2013
    Final play for week 4:

205 IND -7.5
    Smart people buy the hook to -7. Right now, Pinny's -9.5 is more indicative of what this number should be.
    edited September 2013
    Week 4: 4-2-1 for +1.8 units

YTD: 10-9-2 for +0.1 units

Upward trend continues as numbers grow stronger. Back on tuesday with the picks.
    edited September 2013
    Week 5 picks,

301 BUF/CLE UNDER 41
    422 IND +2.5 (smarter bettors buy the hook to 3 off course)
    430 CAR/ARI UNDER 42.5
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    You sure smart people bet ON the 3, or were you joking .
    edited September 2013
    jets96 wrote: »
    You sure smart people bet ON the 3, or were you joking .

Hey Jets,
    If (and that's a big 'if') anybody tails my plays, I wouldn't want them stuck with a +2.5 instead of a +3 (at -120 or -130). My only problem in this one is that I have to post according to the rules of BT. As I don't see the number getting back to +3 for now, I posted it this way.

While most of the serious sports bettors on here know what to do in such a situation, I'm not expecting all newbies to implement these tricks automatically. Therefore the somewhat 'dumb' explanation. Last week I posted SEA at -3, while -2.5 and -2 were available later in the week. On my posted plays I got the push, while in my personal account it was a winner at -2.5.
    edited October 2013
    added:
    413 KC -2.5
    419 NE +2
    430 CAR -2

Waiting for Dallas to get to +8 or higher. Already happy with the +7.5 but wouldn't mind getting more.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    Obi One wrote: »
    Hey Jets,
    If (and that's a big 'if') anybody tails my plays, I wouldn't want them stuck with a +2.5 instead of a +3 (at -120 or -130). My only problem in this one is that I have to post according to the rules of BT. As I don't see the number getting back to +3 for now, I posted it this way.

While most of the serious sports bettors on here know what to do in such a situation, I'm not expecting all newbies to implement these tricks automatically. Therefore the somewhat 'dumb' explanation. Last week I posted SEA at -3, while -2.5 and -2 were available later in the week. On my posted plays I got the push, while in my personal account it was a winner at -2.5.

You should only buy the 3 if your book undercharges for buying it(good luck finding that).
    edited October 2013
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    You should only buy the 3 if your book undercharges for buying it(good luck finding that).

Lumpy,
    Been mulling your post for a long time. Would you mind explaining this to me? I've been buying from -3 to -2.5 and from +2.5 to +3 frequently. Off-course at extra-juiced numbers, but I don't mind doing that. Are you telling me there's a mathematical explanation why this is a bad idea?
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Lumpy,
    Been mulling your post for a long time. Would you mind explaining this to me? I've been buying from -3 to -2.5 and from +2.5 to +3 frequently. Off-course at extra-juiced numbers, but I don't mind doing that. Are you telling me there's a mathematical explanation why this is a bad idea?

Lumpy can expound with the exact math, but the simple explanation is that when you look at the historical hit rate of the 3, it tells you that it is worth somewhere in the neighborhood of 22 cents, so you should only be buying on/off it if you are paying less than that... and as Lumpy said, good luck finding that these days.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    Lumpy,

goats covered it

When sports betting was blowing up online ~10 years ago some books charged the standard 10c to buy on and off the 3, so you could play -2.5 -110 OR -3 -120(similar to college now) Eventually books wised up(or went broke) and realized that 3 in the NFL is worth more than 10c and they fixed it and some of them overcharge now.

7 is similar in the NFL, it's worth more than 10c so most books charge accordingly and some overcharge.

A few years ago(not sure if this is still the case) SBG global would correctly charge to buy from -3.5 to -3....but for some reason if you bought thru the 3, -3.5 to -2.5 the price was way off.
    edited October 2013
    Another learning moment for me here on BT. Appreciate it very much Goats and Lumpy!
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    goats covered it

When sports betting was blowing up online ~10 years ago some books charged the standard 10c to buy on and off the 3, so you could play -2.5 -110 OR -3 -120(similar to college now) Eventually books wised up(or went broke) and realized that 3 in the NFL is worth more than 10c and they fixed it and some of them overcharge now.

7 is similar in the NFL, it's worth more than 10c so most books charge accordingly and some overcharge.

A few years ago(not sure if this is still the case) SBG global would correctly charge to buy from -3.5 to -3....but for some reason if you bought thru the 3, -3.5 to -2.5 the price was way off.

fortunately, some of my locals still charge only 10 cents to buy on/off the 3 in the NFL
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    fortunately, some of my locals still charge only 10 cents to buy on/off the 3 in the NFL
    Bucky you seem to have the greatest locals where you are. I'm retired now I can move in anytime no problem with rent and I even cook . Pretty good to. Thinking of taking a shot at Master chef but the only thing that stands in my way is the time they give you I'm a little on the OCD side and clean as I go. you can't do that. I see those boxes within 15 seconds I know what I'm making and know what I need.
  • UpsilonmanUpsilonman Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    Another learning moment for me here on BT. Appreciate it very much Goats and Lumpy!

Second this!
    edited October 2013
    Week 4: 4-2-1 for +1.8 units
    Week 5: 3-3 for -0.3 units

Appalled by the performances of NE and CAR...Will have to adjust their road power ratings.

YTD: 13-12-2 for -0.2 units
    edited October 2013
    Week 6 picks:

102 CHI -7.5
    Will keep fading the Giants and their atrocious play till they show me otherwise. Or till the books make the spreads too big.

204 KC -8.5
    - Oakland just beat a bad team (San Diego) they should've beaten at home. Kansas City is at a whole other level in my rankings. While they just barely covered the spread on the road in their last 2 games, I believe this one to be a romp. Why? Because KC plays mistake-free ball and has a defense to contain Pryor.

220 SEA -13.5
    - Seattle has outplayed their opponents to a wide margin at home. I don't think Fitzpatrick can handle this loud environment. He's been a turnover machine the last 2 years. Seattle is tops in the league right now with a +7 turnover differential. Not a good matchup for Tennessee. I also like the fact that Seattle is coming off a loss.

229 IND -1.5
    - San Diego is allowing opposing passers a rating of 112.42. They're making every QB they face look like the 2nd coming of Joe Montana....... and they have Andrew Luck up next? Really like this play.
    edited October 2013
    Final add:

205 PHI -1.5
    - It's their second road game against a winless team. Nick Foles has a week to prepare. I'm expecting him to turn it over less than Vick does with all the sacks, fumbles and interceptions. Less mistakes means a bigger chance of winning.