Betting Talk

The Stoffo System

13»

Comments

• BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    kdog wrote: »
    It's also why for consistency they should be tracked off either openers or closers. For this I would think openers would be better as the original point of the system was to have some action over the summer with a reasonable chance of winning some money but with the primary caveat being to spend as little time as possible handicapping.
    I heartily agree that there should be some line set-point used for consistency, hence my reluctance to post MY Stoffo records. The only problems in using openers is at what time. If you use the overnight openers, they can differ greatly differ from the actual "settled-in" lines and obviously using the closing lines (which I think is what you referenced when you spoke earlier about past Stoffo unders) again, many plays will have changed from the day's earlier lines. When I posted the Stoffo plays for a couple of years at the old "Beyond Capping" site I used the 9 AM CST lines that were available at Pinny, for consistency. The thing was back then, these plays were profitable, even using those lines, which, in almost every instance, were worse than what I actually played the games at. Now my records are based on the lines I played the games at, (because, selfishly, that's all I really care about), which makes for greatly different results. Hence, I usually comment about the lines used when I post my records.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    I heartily agree that there should be some line set-point used for consistency, hence my reluctance to post MY Stoffo records. The only problems in using openers is at what time. If you use the overnight openers, they can differ greatly differ from the actual "settled-in" lines and obviously using the closing lines (which I think is what you referenced when you spoke earlier about past Stoffo unders) again, many plays will have changed from the day's earlier lines. When I posted the Stoffo plays for a couple of years at the old "Beyond Capping" site I used the 9 AM CST lines that were available at Pinny, for consistency. The thing was back then, these plays were profitable, even using those lines, which, in almost every instance, were worse than what I actually played the games at. Now my records are based on the lines I played the games at, (because, selfishly, that's all I really care about), which makes for greatly different results. Hence, I usually comment about the lines used when I post my records.

This is probably best, the time limits go up but if one wasn't staring at the screen then you'd have to check each game individually which is a PITA. What's left that I do track I pretty much use all closers because I'm old, don't care as much as I used to and it's simply fucking easier:)

On another note, is it just me or are there way more huge favorites in MLB so far this season?
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    - 200’s or close seems to be very normal these April days and -300’s are seen on occasion. At one time you didn’t see that till Sept when teams that were out of the race playing possible contenders.