Betting Talk

I got drunk at the Peppermill tonight

BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
edited January 2015 in Sports Betting
Big mistake.
I wound up maxing out my credit card at the cage in order to bet each of the following things:
1101 Ravens First Half +3 -120
Under on every prop involving Kapernick (let's face it, the guy's dumber than a box of rocks, and Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are going to embarrass him).
Under on every prop involving Randy Moss (over the hill and overrated, and he had the indecency to say he's the greatest receiver of all time. Apparently, he's never heard of Jerry Rice and Cris Carter)
102 under 48 1/2 because this is going to be one of the most boring super bowls in recent memory. I'm thinking 13-10 Ravens in a three yards and a cloud of dust game.
When I wake up in the morning with a searing hangover and no memory of this night and having nothing left to do but figure out ways to crash the Cal-Neva's $20 all you can eat, all you can drink party (I only have ten dollars, so I'll have to crash it somehow), I am really, really going to regret this. Especially because I got 86ed from the Peppermill for hitting on a 50 year old, 350 lb woman at the Fireside Lounge and now have no way to cash any of the tickets.

Comments

• moneymikemoneymike Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    Under on every prop involving Kapernick (let's face it, the guy's dumber than a box of rocks, and Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are going to embarrass him).

"Teams now are all given this psychological test," said Gil Brandt, an NFL analyst and longtime former head of the Dallas Cowboys' scouting department. "And he knocked the test dead. He's very smart. He scored really, really high on the Wonderlic test. And it was given before he was tutored."
    Kaepernick reportedly scored 37 on the Wonderlic test. Tom Brady reportedly scored 33, Matt Ryan 32, Manning and Drew Brees 28, Brett Favre 22.
  • BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    [QUOTE=moneymike;780617Kaepernick reportedly scored 37 on the Wonderlic test. Tom Brady reportedly scored 33, Matt Ryan 32, Manning and Drew Brees 28, Brett Favre 22.[/QUOTE]

Anyone with an IQ over 100 could easily score 50 on the Wonderlic. I'm not joking, I really did achieve a BAC of approximately .25 earlier tonight, and I'm gradually coming back down.
  • DubbsDubbs Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    Big mistake.
    I wound up maxing out my credit card at the cage in order to bet each of the following things:
    1101 Ravens First Half +3 -120
    Under on every prop involving Randy Moss (over the hill and overrated, and he had the indecency to say he's the greatest receiver of all time. Apparently, he's never heard of Jerry Rice and Cris Carter)
    102 under 48 1/2 because this is going to be one of the most boring super bowls in recent memory. I'm thinking 13-10 Ravens in a three yards and a cloud of dust game.
    When I wake up in the morning with a searing hangover and no memory of this night and having nothing left to do but figure out ways to crash the Cal-Neva's $20 all you can eat, all you can drink party (I only have ten dollars, so I'll have to crash it somehow), I am really, really going to regret this. Especially because I got 86ed from the Peppermill for hitting on a 50 year old, 350 lb woman at the Fireside Lounge and now have no way to cash any of the tickets.

LMAO!!! Peppermill is the shit! Did you at least get a pic with the 350lb cougar!!?? Get a fake mustache and head back to Fireside in the morning for bloody marys!
  • noelnoel Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    He is faster than a speeding bullet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I do hope you cash a broke hanger is much worse than a winning one:-)
    edited February 2013
    Dubbs wrote: »
    LMAO!!! Peppermill is the shit! Did you at least get a pic with the 350lb cougar!!?? Get a fake mustache and head back to Fireside in the morning for bloody marys!

It was awful. I had been staying with a girl that I met down in Carson City. Then she threw me out on Thursday, and I had to scramble around downtown Reno to find a place to stay. The only place that had rooms was the 110 a week special at the El Cortez. Goddam bedbugs ate me alive the first night, and I had to burn my sheets. Then I got real stupid and started calling up exgfs out of the phone book. This one broad who used to work at the Siena, she has tatttooes on 80% of her body..I thought I was making progress with her, but her idiot husband grabs the phone from her in the middle of it and threatens to kick my ass or whatever. So now I'm over at the Atlantis, and I'm on a computer on the se3cond floor that no one knows about taht has wifi, and I'm watching the espn ticker for nba scores. I'll probably do something stupdi later like bet Phoenix in the 2nd half for everything I'bve got left.
    I don't know, man. Things just couldn't possibly gety any worse for me.
  • DubbsDubbs Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    It was awful. I had been staying with a girl that I met down in Carson City. Then she threw me out on Thursday, and I had to scramble around downtown Reno to find a place to stay. The only place that had rooms was the 110 a week special at the El Cortez. Goddam bedbugs ate me alive the first night, and I had to burn my sheets. Then I got real stupid and started calling up exgfs out of the phone book. This one broad who used to work at the Siena, she has tatttooes on 80% of her body..I thought I was making progress with her, but her idiot husband grabs the phone from her in the middle of it and threatens to kick my ass or whatever. So now I'm over at the Atlantis, and I'm on a computer on the se3cond floor that no one knows about taht has wifi, and I'm watching the espn ticker for nba scores. I'll probably do something stupdi later like bet Phoenix in the 2nd half for everything I'bve got left.
    I don't know, man. Things just couldn't possibly gety any worse for me.

Exactly! So bet it all!
  • trextrex Member
    edited February 2013
    Honestly one of the best threads I've ever read....... This has some serious potential.....
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    trex wrote: »
    Honestly one of the best threads I've ever read....... This has some serious potential.....
    Benny has authored some great threads in the past at other sites. Always a hoot to read them---one of the best posters ever
  • trextrex Member
    edited February 2013
    Benny has authored some great threads in the past at other sites. Always a hoot to read them---one of the best posters ever

Can't wait to read the post Super Bowl thread
  • billymacbillymac Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    Gotta feeling Benny is going down...LOL
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited February 2013
    Do we have a Benny update for Sunday morning ? Can we call RENO 911, that guy in short shorts should be able to help him out. LOL
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited February 2013

Things just couldn't possibly get any worse for me.

It can always get worst looking forward to the next thread. Did you bring your Black Lite with you. Use to go there in the very early 70's stood at the La Concha stardust by day Peppermill by night
    edited January 2015
    Part II

Under 49. If this loses I will be sleeping under a bridge until 2016.
    "But honey, I thought we were going to buy a house together."
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Under 49, wow, great number