Betting Talk

Direct TV - That time of year

bixlerbixler Senior Member
edited August 2014 in Sports Betting
Just a reminder to call in and get your NFL Sunday Ticket discounts from Direct TV. Current price is $299.94 or 6 payments of $49.99 for the package including HD this year. There is an additional Sunday Ticket To-Go package that is an additional $50 and allows you to watch the games online or on your phone.

Current discount, like last year, is $20 off your base programming package for 6 months or $20 off the NFL package through rententions, a credit that looks like this.....$20/6mosNFLSave ($20.00)

Current customers, with autopay and HD service, are also receving a $10.00 credit for free HD service to compete with Dish Network's FREE HD ads.

If you qualify, you should be able to stack both discounts. Call in and at the voice prompt say 'cancel' two times and you will be connected to retentions. Simply ask for the discount and you should be good to go. If you don't get it at first try, try again. I tried 3 times and finally got it.

BEST OF LUCK.

Comments

• bixlerbixler Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    1-800-824-9081
  • ArtieLangeArtieLange Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    such a ripoff, id rather goto a bar
    edited June 2010
    It does seem expensive but 17 weeks for $179.94 (after the $20/6 mth discount) is only $10.58 per week....

I can drink more beer and eat more food than that every week....LOL
  • ArtieLangeArtieLange Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    with discount it isnt bad, i am getting direct tv today how is this regional sportschannel package do they black out mlb games?
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited June 2010
    ArtieLange wrote: »
    with discount it isnt bad, i am getting direct tv today how is this regional sportschannel package do they black out mlb games?

Yes, any pro sports will be blacked out if it's out of your market. However, I enjoy it for college sports as you'll pick up a lot of college football and college hoops games (especially hoops) that you wouldn't get otherwise.
    edited June 2010
    ArtieLange wrote: »

Yep, outside your market games will be blacked out. Direct TV has a special going through July 21 for new customers and related to Father's Day. If you purchase the Sunday Ticket pacakge you get Premier (basically all channels) free for 5 months.
  • bpd67bpd67 Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    bixler wrote: »
    Yep, outside your market games will be blacked out. Direct TV has a special going through July 21 for new customers and related to Father's Day. If you purchase the Sunday Ticket pacakge you get Premier (basically all channels) free for 5 months.

They did this last year and offered it to existing customers too. That's when I signed up for new service. Going to try to get this again for myself.
    edited July 2010
    bpd67 wrote: »
    They did this last year and offered it to existing customers too. That's when I signed up for new service. Going to try to get this again for myself.

Any luck getting it again?
  • robdeer03robdeer03 Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Good looking out! I'm gonna give that number a try.
  • BayOceanBayOcean Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    I dont have DIRECT TV have TIME WARNER AS my cable provider and they don't have a NFL package they have all other packages NHL,MLB SOCCER but no NFL.
    edited July 2010
    robdeer03 wrote: »
    Good looking out! I'm gonna give that number a try.

Any luck rob?
    edited July 2010
    Seeing many reports of prior Sunday Ticket customers calling in to complain about the price of this year's package and the fact that other providers can give you only the Redzone Channel for much less. Direct TV has been adding the Redzone Channel only to some customers accounts and doing so for free. If you don't want to pay the $300 or $180 (if you can get the original discount) but want to see the Redzone channel, this might be an option for you to call them about.
  • SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Called tonight and griped because where I live in Arkansas still hasnt been added to the locals. Of course I use a central Ark address, so I still get locals, but I told them I was about to move to the area, and was disappointed that Dish offered local channels there, and they offered me $30/mn off for 6 mns, and $20/mn for the 6 mns after that. Love hat DTV customer service. Lol
  • nightlife32nightlife32 Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    DISH Network NFL network
    edited July 2010
    SunBelter wrote: »
    Called tonight and griped because where I live in Arkansas still hasnt been added to the locals. Of course I use a central Ark address, so I still get locals, but I told them I was about to move to the area, and was disappointed that Dish offered local channels there, and they offered me $30/mn off for 6 mns, and $20/mn for the 6 mns after that. Love hat DTV customer service. Lol

LMAO....always get the great discounts from their Customer Service. How long have you been with them?
    edited July 2010
    bixler wrote: »
    LMAO....always get the great discounts from their Customer Service. How long have you been with them?

Since 2002 bix. They love me. lol
  • patbatemanpatbateman Junior Member
    edited July 2010
    I would not get involved with Direct TV. I had a year contract with them and after 6 months they tried to raise the price on me by 50% so I had it shut off and now they're trying to charge me a $300 cancelation fee. After doing some research I found out that this is something that Direct TV does all the time and there are class action lawsuits against them in several states. Their customer service was terrible, I've never dealt with more incompetent people.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited July 2010
    patbateman wrote: »
    I would not get involved with Direct TV. I had a year contract with them and after 6 months they tried to raise the price on me by 50% so I had it shut off and now they're trying to charge me a $300 cancelation fee. After doing some research I found out that this is something that Direct TV does all the time and there are class action lawsuits against them in several states. Their customer service was terrible, I've never dealt with more incompetent people.

I've never heard anything of the sort. In fact, they haven't really rasied their rates in the 4 years that I've been with them now, and I've talked to people that have been there even longer and have also had nothing more than nominal rate increases. What package did you have that they increased by 50%?
    edited July 2010
    Pretty basic package for about $50 a month and then they changed it to $75 a month about 6 months into it. Not sure if this link will work but these were just some of the examples I found where they were trying to screw people.

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2009/12/a-lawsuit-filed-this-week-by-washington-state-against-directv-could-have-a-secondary-purpose-it-could-serve-as-a-textbook-fo.html
  • kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Pretty basic package for about $50 a month and then they changed it to $75 a month about 6 months into it. Not sure if this link will work but these were just some of the examples I found where they were trying to screw people.

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2009/12/a-lawsuit-filed-this-week-by-washington-state-against-directv-could-have-a-secondary-purpose-it-could-serve-as-a-textbook-fo.html

those are the people who are to stupid to realize that what they are getting is the introductory rate for the premium package when they first sign up and then get pissed when on the 7th month their bill doubles. All the companies do this. It is your own fault if you are ignorant and do not pay attention.

Compared to Dish or Cable DirecTV blows them all out of the water.
    edited July 2010

There is usually an early termination fee if you have a 12 month contract and only complete 6 months of it. Makes sense to me.
    edited July 2010
    When you have a 12 month contract at a set price and Direct TV tries to raise that price half way through, even admitting that they screwed up and should not have offered that price to begin with, I don't think they should be charging a termination fee. Is that how you would run your business? Let's say you are running a lemonade stand for 25 cents a cup and we agreed on that price for 1 lemonade each of the next 5 days. Now on the 3rd day you tell me that it will be 35 cents a cup so I decide I don't want it. Are you going to charge me a termination fee?
    edited July 2010
    kass101 wrote: »
    those are the people who are to stupid to realize that what they are getting is the introductory rate for the premium package when they first sign up and then get pissed when on the 7th month their bill doubles. All the companies do this. It is your own fault if you are ignorant and do not pay attention.

Compared to Dish or Cable DirecTV blows them all out of the water.

No kidding. They clearly package the cheaper rate as an introductory rate for the 1st 6 mns in every ad I have ever read. Dish does the same exact thing. I have no sympathy for anyone who doesnt fully investage BEFORE signing a contract. I have been with DTv for 8 yrs, the rate has rarely changed, and the customer service is excellent.
    edited July 2010
    When you have a 12 month contract at a set price and Direct TV tries to raise that price half way through, even admitting that they screwed up and should not have offered that price to begin with, I don't think they should be charging a termination fee. Is that how you would run your business? Let's say you are running a lemonade stand for 25 cents a cup and we agreed on that price for 1 lemonade each of the next 5 days. Now on the 3rd day you tell me that it will be 35 cents a cup so I decide I don't want it. Are you going to charge me a termination fee?

You had the introductory rate like all other new customers and like all introductory rates, they are only for a limited time.

Not sure what you mean by 1 year because all new contract with them are 24 months, unless this was years ago.
  • bpd67bpd67 Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    I got the $29.99/6 deal a few weeks ago. Haven't tried for the full deal yet. Might try next month and see what happens. I'll be due for some credits in August.
    edited August 2010
    bpd67 wrote: »
    I got the $29.99/6 deal a few weeks ago. Haven't tried for the full deal yet. Might try next month and see what happens. I'll be due for some credits in August.

I've heard the best time to get deals is Monday. Might want to see if you can get anything then.
  • waddywaddy Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    I've been with DirecTV for almost 10 years and have never had any of these problems. The few times I have the slightless little thing for them to deal with they fixed in about 5 seconds.
    Would never switch to anyone else.
  • LUCKY777LUCKY777 Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    Never watch the games I bet on, too stressful...
    edited August 2010
    LUCKY777 wrote: »
    Never watch the games I bet on, too stressful...

No kidding!
    edited September 2010
    Anyone able to get the Red Zone channel on Direct TV for free as a stand alone channel?