Betting Talk

Direct TV - That time of year

Comments

• bluejakebluejake Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    Have been with Direct TV for 15years have had the NFL sunday ticket for 15 years, I called yesterday got $20 off per month for the 6 payments, also the sunday ticket to go for free and credit for 5 movies I wanted espn gameplan but he would not cave to that demand. It pays to call and complain.
  • bixlerbixler Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    bluejake wrote: »
    Have been with Direct TV for 15years have had the NFL sunday ticket for 15 years, I called yesterday got $20 off per month for the 6 payments, also the sunday ticket to go for free and credit for 5 movies I wanted espn gameplan but he would not cave to that demand. It pays to call and complain.

Yep, just talk your way into some deals. I'd try back in a few weeks to get a deal on Gameplan. Use the fact that you could get this from Dish or your local cable provider.
  • D300RageD300Rage Banned
    edited August 2011
    Just curious, right now im paying 65.99 for the choice xtra monthly plan from direct tv. I do get the MLB package every single year but have never gotten the NFL Ticket. Last year they did send me some coupons for 4 free weeks of sunday ticket(the weekeneds i got to pick), I was just curious of what the best thing that you guys would do. Like what all should I ask for and when should I stop if they do give me things. Thanks for the helps guys!!
  • tschifanotschifano Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    just called gave me $15 a month off because i said nfl was to high went from 53.99 to 38.99 a month not bad for a phone call
  • bluejakebluejake Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    D300Rage wrote: »
    Just curious, right now im paying 65.99 for the choice xtra monthly plan from direct tv. I do get the MLB package every single year but have never gotten the NFL Ticket. Last year they did send me some coupons for 4 free weeks of sunday ticket(the weekeneds i got to pick), I was just curious of what the best thing that you guys would do. Like what all should I ask for and when should I stop if they do give me things. Thanks for the helps guys!!

I think it helps if U have been with direct tv for awhile, ask for the best price since U have the baseball and they gave U 4 free weeks last year and see if he can throw in the sunday ticket to go for computer or phone ask for everything tell them other companies are offering U alot but direct tv has the sunday ticket. Good Luck take these companies for what we can get, they sure don't miss a monthly bill to us the CONSUMER!!!
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    I have been a subscriber of Direct for 7 years and just made my call based on the threads suggestions. Went straight to the retentions department and told them due to losing signal during rainstorms and a push by local cable I was dropping thier service. Had to listen to the agent for maybe 3 minutes and I told her it also disturbed me that they were giving the NFL Ticket free to new subscribers and I was done. She only hesitated slightly and offered to give me the Ticket including the Red Zone and HD on the Ticket free for this year..... a $334 value! Took less than 5 minutes overall.... she did tell me that I am on auto renewal for next year and must cancell before the season starts next year. Mission accomplished!
    edited August 2011
    Sunday is the day the CSR's get their credit bank reset....today is the day to get credits and Free Sunday Ticket. Call in and mention you are getting great offers from Dish and your local cable provider.
  • fratboyfratboy Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    Threads like this one are what makes a great Forum. Users relaying their experiences and suggestions to fellow users. Said user experience results in fellow users, with DTV, saving a good chunk of cash for a service they enjoy. We could all benefit from threads like these. Nice work!
    edited August 2011
    fratboy wrote: »
    Threads like this one are what makes a great Forum. Users relaying their experiences and suggestions to fellow users. Said user experience results in fellow users, with DTV, saving a good chunk of cash for a service they enjoy. We could all benefit from threads like these. Nice work!

Figured most people in this forum were sports fans and the best place to watch sports is Direct TV. If people are getting the sports packages they mine as well get the best deals and then have extra cash for gambling...LOL
    edited August 2011
    so are you saying i need to do this today or just on sundays in general? i just dont know if i should ask for the ticket for free or ask for a discount and movie channels or what....thanks guys
    edited August 2011
    so are you saying i need to do this today or just on sundays in general? i just dont know if i should ask for the ticket for free or ask for a discount and movie channels or what....thanks guys

Today is the best day for credits. Ask for promotions for long time customers because you are thinking of switching to Dish Network or your local cable company.
    edited August 2011
    im not good at making deals bix, what all should i ask for and when do i need to stop is what im asking, just dont wanting them to take advantage of me........what kinds of things can i say other providers are offering me
    edited August 2011
    im not good at making deals bix, what all should i ask for and when do i need to stop is what im asking, just dont wanting them to take advantage of me........what kinds of things can i say other providers are offering me

Call 1-800-824-9081 and say 'cancel service' at the voice prompts. When the CSR comes on ask them when your contract is up. If you don't have one or they ask why are you asking tell them the main reason you are with Direct TV is NFL Sunday Ticket but with the lockout this year and the bad economy $323 for the early bird special is too expensive. Ask them if there are any NFL Sunday Ticket promotions for existing customers, since all new customers are getting it for free. You could switch to Dish Network or your local cable provider and pay the same price, including free HD service. You could also get the RedZone channel from either of those providers instead of paying $323 for the whole NFL Sunday Ticket. Ask the rep if there are any deals you qualify for as an existing customer. Mention your wife is bugging you to cut the bills but you love football and she loves her movie channels.
    edited August 2011
    should i mention other deals that my friends have gotten like free sunday ticket or half price ticket and free movie channels or leave all that out?
    edited August 2011
    should i mention other deals that my friends have gotten like free sunday ticket or half price ticket and free movie channels or leave all that out?

Yes you can. Let them make the first offer for Sunday Ticket...either $20 off for 6 months or half price....then you say that's still too expensive and you know of others getting it for free due to the lockout and the economy and you are wondering if that option is available to you as well.
    edited August 2011
    sorry im asking so many questions, but what does the lockout have anything to do with it? and what if they dont budge on anything do i just hang up?
    edited August 2011
    bad ass!!!!!!!!! just called got half price for nfl sunday ticket, $10 off normal payment for next 12 months and free showtime and starz for next 6 months

THANKS ALL!!!!! 3 THINGS JUST BY CALLING!!!!!!! OVER 600 DOLLAR VALUE
  • thebattinathebattina Member
    edited August 2011
    I just got the $20 off every month, NFL to go for free, a $100 HD DVR upragde for free plus another $10 a month off all just for asking. Thanks guys.
  • LatchdogLatchdog Member
    edited August 2011
    One question from this quote. Does dish network offer the nfl ticket? and who's cable provider offers the nfl ticket?
    bixler wrote: »
    Call 1-800-824-9081 and say 'cancel service' at the voice prompts. When the CSR comes on ask them when your contract is up. If you don't have one or they ask why are you asking tell them the main reason you are with Direct TV is NFL Sunday Ticket but with the lockout this year and the bad economy $323 for the early bird special is too expensive. Ask them if there are any NFL Sunday Ticket promotions for existing customers, since all new customers are getting it for free. You could switch to Dish Network or your local cable provider and pay the same price, including free HD service. You could also get the RedZone channel from either of those providers instead of paying $323 for the whole NFL Sunday Ticket. Ask the rep if there are any deals you qualify for as an existing customer. Mention your wife is bugging you to cut the bills but you love football and she loves her movie channels.
    edited August 2011
    Latchdog wrote: »
    One question from this quote. Does dish network offer the nfl ticket? and who's cable provider offers the nfl ticket?

Only Direct TV offers Sunday Ticket. You could also get the RedZone channel from either of those providers instead of paying $323 for the whole NFL Sunday Ticket. That is the point. If Direct TV isn't willing to give you a break on the entire package, some people would switch and only pay a few bucks a month to just watch the RedZone channel that Dish and cable provides.
    edited August 2011
    sorry im asking so many questions, but what does the lockout have anything to do with it? and what if they dont budge on anything do i just hang up?
    bad ass!!!!!!!!! just called got half price for nfl sunday ticket, $10 off normal payment for next 12 months and free showtime and starz for next 6 months

THANKS ALL!!!!! 3 THINGS JUST BY CALLING!!!!!!! OVER 600 DOLLAR VALUE

Nice....see it was easy! The lockout has a lot to do with it....some people's attitude toward the NFL has changed and they aren't willing to fork out over $300 that easily anymore.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    I don't care about the NFL-- but I love college football-- so I called them and said I couldn't afford ESPN Game Plan this year. They ended up giving me $30 bucks off for 6 months, which more than pays for the Game Plan. Thanks to everybody here for suggesting to haggle with them.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    Just called and got the ticket for free. Used the cancel my service and I'll sign up as a new customer routine.

Wanted to add last year I couldn't get them to budge and they let me cancel my sunday ticket without giving any type of discount. This year it took less than 5 min to get free sunday ticket.
    edited August 2011
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    Just called and got the ticket for free. Used the cancel my service and I'll sign up as a new customer routine.

Wanted to add last year I couldn't get them to budge and they let me cancel my sunday ticket without giving any type of discount. This year it took less than 5 min to get free sunday ticket.

Awesome
  • hotbustophotbustop Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    Just wanted to thank everyone that posted this thread. I got the ticket at half off and an additional $5 rebate every month for the next 12 months. Red zone included. Would have never happened without this knowledge.
  • minger2123minger2123 Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    Just called em. I am a 10 year customer, never missed a payment. Said I am a loyal customer, but things are tough and maybe switching over to cable.. Took em about 5 minutes on hold, but they came back and gave me the NFL ticket, red zone, etc for free and offered me the college football package for $120.00. I jumped at both so I got both NFL and College for $120.00..

You guys are foolish if you don't ask!

Thanks again Bixler!!!
    edited August 2011
    minger2123 wrote: »
    Just called em. I am a 10 year customer, never missed a payment. Said I am a loyal customer, but things are tough and maybe switching over to cable.. Took em about 5 minutes on hold, but they came back and gave me the NFL ticket, red zone, etc for free and offered me the college football package for $120.00. I jumped at both so I got both NFL and College for $120.00..

You guys are foolish if you don't ask!

Thanks again Bixler!!!

Free ticket is good but isn't ESPN Gameplan normally $118? Call them back and get a discount on that....LOL
  • kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    Funny how they will do anything to keep customers but when I moved and needed service installed they couldnt get a tech out let alone on time but on the actual day he was scheduled.

two things to add actually, it just shows how much they screw you on the regular monthly charge if they offer all of these discounts just to keep customers because they couldnt offer these discounts to everyone if they were taking them at a loss.

second, I am actually surprised Direct TV budges so much because their product is so much better than any other provider out there right now.
  • SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    Bix, you are the man! Just got off the phone with them, and I know have the Ticket and Mobile To Go for free! I swear man, if I ever see you in person, Im gonna give you a big kiss on the lips, or buy you a beer, your choice, lol.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    Bixler, I will kiss you also
    Long Time Directv User

Got Free NFL Sunday Ticket For Free
    $55 x 6 months knocked off also
    ONE SWEET DEAL

THANKS

IT WAS EASY

THANKS AGAIN