Betting Talk

RJ Bell doesn't get what 100% transparency is

2»

Comments

• shishshish Junior Member
    edited September 2013
    ESPN radio affiliates all over the country have Adam Wins on all the time guarenteeing absurd profits to the listeners.... pretty comical if you ask me
  • eug44eug44 Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    ESPN actually owns a % of Pregame. Thats why pregame is all over ESPN Radio, espn.com, & Grantland.

I was told this straight from one of the original owners of Pregame

I don't think this is true, there is no way espn gets (or wants/needs) a percentage of pregames revenue.
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    eug44 wrote: »
    I don't think this is true, there is no way espn gets (or wants/needs) a percentage of pregames revenue.

just relaying what one of the main proprietors of pregame told me. you can believe it or not...I really dont care.
  • groovinmahoovingroovinmahoovin Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    I'm preaching to the choir here so I'll keep this brief, but among the many reasons why Pregame's record keeping is a joke:

1) You have to log in to see more than the last 100 picks., and RJ quickly bans anyone who tries to post past records. When Fezzik joined Pregame, people asked if Fezzik had past records and were told "no, he's a long time pro who, for the first time, thinks a site is selling picks the right way." I attempted to post Fezzik's LVA records as compiled by ComptrBob, and my post was never approved and I was immediately banned from the forum. Several LVA posters reported they were also banned for posting his records, and people on other forums have mentioned being banned for posting the records of any other Pregame touts.

2) Pregame screws around with which plays are graded as official plays for 2 and 3 units, and which are graded as "FREE." The FREE plays are graded as 0 units and RJ's excuse is that "not all of our clients want to bet free plays so we grade them as zero units." Obvious nonsense, but they often change which plays are 2 or 3u, and which ones are FREE, after the result is known, and some plays are graded as both 2 or 3u and FREE. Forum posters have pointed out that plays were initially listed as 2 or 3u and later changed to free, and vice versa. And I'm not even sure how they determine which FREE plays are even graded, because Fezzik gives out plenty of free plays on his podcast that are never posted for grading.

3) Pregame were caught fabricating Fezzik's "Bet Like a Pro" record when his BLAP plays didn't correspond with his LVA plays and Fezzik and Johnny Detroit gave conflicting stories about when BLAP began. BLAP is by far the most expensive service Pregame sells ($1000/mo) and the records are all past-posted, which is the diametric opposite of "completely transparent."

4) Pregame often grades using garbage lines. Fezzik has at least two wins in his record where the widely available line was a push.
  • shishshish Junior Member
    edited September 2013
    I can vouch for this. I was a LVSports subscriber and mentioned his record on pregame the day it was announced he was joining. It obviously never made the forum. Makes my skin crawl that people were scammed into 1k/month by that low life RJ.
  • kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    I'm preaching to the choir here so I'll keep this brief, but among the many reasons why Pregame's record keeping is a joke:

1) You have to log in to see more than the last 100 picks., and RJ quickly bans anyone who tries to post past records. When Fezzik joined Pregame, people asked if Fezzik had past records and were told "no, he's a long time pro who, for the first time, thinks a site is selling picks the right way." I attempted to post Fezzik's LVA records as compiled by ComptrBob, and my post was never approved and I was immediately banned from the forum. Several LVA posters reported they were also banned for posting his records, and people on other forums have mentioned being banned for posting the records of any other Pregame touts.

2) Pregame screws around with which plays are graded as official plays for 2 and 3 units, and which are graded as "FREE." The FREE plays are graded as 0 units and RJ's excuse is that "not all of our clients want to bet free plays so we grade them as zero units." Obvious nonsense, but they often change which plays are 2 or 3u, and which ones are FREE, after the result is known, and some plays are graded as both 2 or 3u and FREE. Forum posters have pointed out that plays were initially listed as 2 or 3u and later changed to free, and vice versa. And I'm not even sure how they determine which FREE plays are even graded, because Fezzik gives out plenty of free plays on his podcast that are never posted for grading.

3) Pregame were caught fabricating Fezzik's "Bet Like a Pro" record when his BLAP plays didn't correspond with his LVA plays and Fezzik and Johnny Detroit gave conflicting stories about when BLAP began. BLAP is by far the most expensive service Pregame sells ($1000/mo) and the records are all past-posted, which is the diametric opposite of "completely transparent."

4) Pregame often grades using garbage lines. Fezzik has at least two wins in his record where the widely available line was a push.

Groovin under his real name, one this site. I like it.
    edited September 2013
    shish wrote: »
    I can vouch for this. I was a LVSports subscriber and mentioned his record on pregame the day it was announced he was joining. It obviously never made the forum. Makes my skin crawl that people were scammed into 1k/month by that low life RJ.

Fezzik and Johnny Detroit had a conference call for BLAP in April and the callers sounded like complete rubes. One guy asked if the Tuesday group minded that Fezzwick gives out their plays on BLAP, and Fezzwick said something about how, for the most part, the Tuesday group are $25 and $50 bettors who handicap for the love of the game rather than to make money. Anyone who's naive enough to fall for a line like that is obviously an easy target for a scam.

Another caller asked why anyone would go to Vegas to bet the Sweet Sixteen and the Final Four when they can bet online at home,, and the consensus of the group was that March Madness has great parties. Fezzik's records are all easily found with a simple Google search; several forum threads with his records appear if you search for "Fezzik gambling record" or "Fezzik sports betting record," so if these people can't be bothered to perform such searches before investing 1k/mo, I don't have too much sympathy for them.

Speaking of the complete transparency thing, the one blatant lie in that conference call was that Fezzik said since he doesn't handicap baseball, he would be focusing on CFL and the WNBA in the summer. A caller asked if Fezzik had past WNBA records, and Fezzik said "no, last year was my first year seriously focusing on the WNBA and most of my WNBA is second half plays which I couldn't post." That was a complete lie, as he posted WNBA plays in 2012 on LVA and lost about 5u over 70 plays, and there were a bunch of second half plays posted. Almost the entire record were derivatives or overnights, some posted as early as 10am the day before the game. Edward can confirm that Fezz posted 2h plays as he posted a pretty good zinger in that thread, after Fezz criticized him for betting "creampuff CBB totals," Edward pointed out that Fezz would criticize RAS posting CBB totals at 8am the day of the game, while posting WNBA plays at 10am the day before when Pinnacle's limits are $250.
    edited September 2013
    kass101 wrote: »
    Groovin under his real name, one this site. I like it.

Confession: my real name is not Groovin.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Welcome Groovin, I hope you become a regular poster here.
    edited September 2013
    Yes, I plan on regularly contributing and am looking forward to the MLB playoffs, it's a nice break from having to worry about 30 teams' day to day injuries. Although according to rumor I have some playoff games to attend for the first time in 21 years; I'm still a little confused by that one.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Welcome and was wondering what was taking you so long to get here.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Old-Timer wrote: »

I don't think Groovin and Edward are on each others Christmas card lists.
    edited September 2013
    Old-Timer wrote: »

I attempted to register for BT three years ago but was unable to complete the registrations since there was a maximum character limit of 12 characters in the usernames. A few months ago BT extended the character allowance, possibly to accommodate people like myself and BuffettGambler--now that Groovinmahoovin is a valid username I'll be happy to contribute.
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Yes, I plan on regularly contributing and am looking forward to the MLB playoffs, it's a nice break from having to worry about 30 teams' day to day injuries. Although according to rumor I have some playoff games to attend for the first time in 21 years; I'm still a little confused by that one.

Good to see you here GM--by the way nice job on bases at RTP (although I seem to find myself playing the M/L on many of your R/L picks because of better lines with my locals)
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited September 2013
    kane wrote: »
    I don't think Groovin and Edward are on each others Christmas card lists.

In case you missed it, we've put our differences aside.
  • SquigglySquiggly Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    New thread today at pregame.com:

" RAS picks??

winninmoney
    winninmoney
    College Varsity
    Not Ranked

Add Friend | Follow
    Posted
    on Tue, Dec 10 2013 9:43 AM

Anyone know of RAS picks tonight??"